I loved the older generation of this, and now that I've pawned off my incredibly uncomfortable Jawbone on my husband I'm going to get the newer version of the H700.

I've seen an H710 around as well (Amazon, Moto website) but I can't tell which of these two is the newer/better. A search for the H710 on CB didn't yield anything

From the horse's mouth, here's what Moto's website says about each:

Motorola Bluetooth� H700 headset

Specifications:

Latest generation, BCO3, chipset with echo and noise cancellation software
    Fifth generation, award winning, refreshed iconic design with unique flip-to-connect feature.
    smaller than the HS850
    Left or right ear wearable
    Bluetooth 1.2 compliant
    Battery performance of up to 6 hours talk time or up to 200 hours standby
    Premium look and feel
    World class audio quality in even the noisiest environments
    Easy to use - quicker connection - reduced interference
    Compatible with other Bluetooth� 1.1 enabled devices including cellular phones and PDA's from many different manufacturers
    Compatible with any brand of Bluetooth 1.1 or 1.2 -enabled phone that supports 'headset''and ''ands-free' profiles

Available H700 colors.
    H700 Black
    H700 Fire
    H700 Plum
    H700 Silver

AND......

Motorola Bluetooth� H710 headset

Specifications:

Clearer audio: 25% improved Echo and noise reduction allows the person on the other end to hear you better
    RapidConnect�: Simply flip open the microphone to answer calls and close to save the battery
    Battery Check: Press both volume buttons to view your remaining talk time.
    Multipoint: Talk from your personal and business phones using the same headset.
    Easy Pairing: simplifies connecting to your Bluetooth device
    microUSB connectivity
    Battery performance of up to 6 hours talk time or up to 200 hours standby
    Talk Time: Up to 6.5 hours
    Standby: More than 8 days
    Weight: 14g
    Wireless Range: Up to 10m (33ft)
    Volume orientation

I'm not particularly knowledgeable on BT technology so please weigh in with your educated opinions on which is the newer version with better noise cancelling!!

Thank you!!!!
    03-18-08 07:54 PM
    The H710 is the newer updated/enhanced version of the H700.
    03-18-08 08:16 PM
    That makes sense but the descriptions - and the fact that they're the same price on Moto website - were confusing me. Thanks again!
    03-18-08 08:19 PM
    You're welcome

Seems these are the major enhancements of the H710:

- Clearer audio: Reduces 25% more background noise than previous Motorola flip-design headsets.

- Multipoint Technology lets you connect headset to different phones at the same time so you can make and receive calls from either.

- Automatically adjusts volume when your surroundings get louder so you can hear even better.

- Battery check function informs you of its remaining battery level via different color LEDs.
    03-18-08 08:24 PM
    You're welcome

Seems these are the major enhancements of the H710:

- Clearer audio: Reduces 25% more background noise than previous Motorola flip-design headsets.

- Multipoint Technology lets you connect headset to different phones at the same time so you can make and receive calls from either.

- Automatically adjusts volume when your surroundings get louder so you can hear even better.

- Battery check function informs you of its remaining battery level via different color LEDs.
    I just picked one up but I don't like the cord due to the fact that you need a wall to charge it. Is there a way to splice a usb cord into it?
    06-26-08 09:01 PM
    I just picked one up but I don't like the cord due to the fact that you need a wall to charge it. Is there a way to splice a usb cord into it?
    Actually, I found in my experience that the wall is optional, You just need an outlet with 120VAC.
    10-04-08 11:37 PM
    the Motorola H12 is the news one that they have out it has dual microphones and Crystal talk.
    10-05-08 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD