So... i downloaded some applications I now want to remove. The problem was that i could not find them under Option/Advanced Options/Applications. So I clicked the menu button and then clicked on "module", and all of my unwanted applications were right there.
    I just got my BB last night, so I am completely new to all of this, so my question is: whats a difference between Module and Application? How do I remove Modules?
    11-02-08 12:57 PM
    My uneducated opinion is that a module is a file that acts as a backbone for the applications on your blackberry to function properly. Someone will come by and give a better answer I'm sure. What is it you are trying to delete?
    11-02-08 01:15 PM
    My uneducated opinion is that a module is a file that acts as a backbone for the applications on your blackberry to function properly. Someone will come by and give a better answer I'm sure. What is it you are trying to delete?
    some IM programs and Game programs. i doubt thats a "backbone".. idk, maybe i did something wrong when i was installing the program? i think i am going to stop by at a store tomorrow. i dont htink this problem can be solved on a forum. thx for replying tho berry
    11-02-08 01:53 PM
    Well, those apps would install modules that allow them to run on your device, interesting they are not in your applications list though.
    11-02-08 02:04 PM
    . i dont htink this problem can be solved on a forum. thx for replying tho berry
    Ha Ha Ha! ROFLMAO! You don't Know CB! BerryW/Me summed it pretty well. A module is a part of a greater whole. Be it an program in the o.s. or an application. It's sounds like you want to delete TrooperTyping AIM Facebook that preloaded crap. Those things are pushed to you phone by Verizon (and other carriers) via service books. You can remove them but they will come back with every battery pull, service book send etc. Therefore the simplest thing to do is to hide them. Other things can be removed with Desktop Manager.
    11-02-08 02:05 PM
    Ha Ha Ha! ROFLMAO! You don't Know CB!
    Ha ha I tried, but wasn't sure I was right! I doubt we lost him, they always come back!
    11-02-08 02:07 PM
    Yup. I did. There was way more answers for me here than at the store. Their answers were to just send it in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 02:53 PM
    Ha Ha Ha! ROFLMAO! You don't Know CB! BerryW/Me summed it pretty well. A module is a part of a greater whole. Be it an program in the o.s. or an application. It's sounds like you want to delete TrooperTyping AIM Facebook that preloaded crap. Those things are pushed to you phone by Verizon (and other carriers) via service books. You can remove them but they will come back with every battery pull, service book send etc. Therefore the simplest thing to do is to hide them. Other things can be removed with Desktop Manager.
    yes, i am new. thx for laughing at me though
    With that said, no these are not preloads, i installed them on my BB using pocketmac, and every application ive installed is in the module folder. i mean, theres gotta be a way to remove it. no?
    11-02-08 03:00 PM
    yes, i am new. thx for laughing at me though
    With that said, no these are not preloads, i installed them on my BB using pocketmac, and every application ive installed is in the module folder. i mean, theres gotta be a way to remove it. no?
    I knew we didn't lose you! I'm not very familiar with pocketmac, but if you loaded it through pocketmac I would assume there is some way to remove it via pocketmac? Otherwise, try connecting your berry to Desktop manager and see if you can't delete the app through that.
    11-02-08 03:10 PM
    It would be a bit helpful to know what apps you are talking
    about. That way someone who has had success removing
    them could tell you how to go about it.
    11-02-08 03:33 PM
    Back to the original question - an application is the Program or icon you generally see on the home screen or subscreens. Some of those applications have multiple modules. Docs-to-go for instance is the application (maybe sheets, powerpoint are also apps) but if you look under modules, there are a bunch of modules that together make up the entire application.
    11-02-08 03:50 PM
    It would be a bit helpful to know what apps you are talking
    about. That way someone who has had success removing
    them could tell you how to go about it.
    e-Mobile Today, +IM, Nintaii Demo
    11-02-08 03:56 PM
    That has happened to me before where the app. wasn't showing up under the applications screen, but I was able to remove it with the desktop manager.
    11-12-08 02:50 PM
    hmm well i am also having apps that i downloaded only show up in the moduler area. My problem is i have paid for them and i dont want to get rid of them. BUt now when i hook up desktop mgr. It is automatically trying to delete them..
    I dont knwo how to stop it other then to not hook up at all to desktop mgr but i have themes i want to use in there
    02-07-09 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD