-----

1 - The site below says of the bPhone 8700 that.... "You can download this theme as both a Zen, Icon or Today theme." What's the difference between these 3?

Blackberry 8700 - 8707 free theme : bPhone 8700

2 - Does anyone know the difference between the iBerry Theme, the iVista Theme, and the bPhone theme?

3 - Is there a more comprehensive description of themes somewhere we can read before buying them, or do you just buy it and then find out what all it does? Thanks
    05-22-08 09:50 AM
    Wow, ok, you must be a novice BB user - one could get descriptive and layout all differences for you but it would take a bit so what I would suggest is either preview them or DL them.
    But to sum it up icon has most if not all availible icons on home screen, today has important things like messages, calender etc on home screen and zen has about 5 or 6 icons down the left side of home screen w/ 95% of your background visible ...
    Hopefully I've helped a bit, if not ill go more in depth once I'm done w/ work -

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-08 10:29 AM
    -----

Indeed, I'm a novice BB user...had it about 4 days.

Thanks for responding. So we have to decide which "one" (icon, zen, today) we want? Can't have all three?

Does the Today theme have anything to do with PocketDay? (Now I'm REALLY showing my ignorance?)
    05-22-08 10:35 AM
    there would be no possible way to have all three themes running on your phone at once. think about your bb as a pc.. you cant run several different desktop themes on your pc, right? right. plus, i mean even if somehow you could run all three themes on your phone, the home screen would be so jumbled with icons and stuff you wouldnt be able to make heads nor tails from it. themes control your entire phones interface.

now, if you are talking about having all three available on your phone, but obviously not running at once, well good news.... theyre already all there.
    05-22-08 02:15 PM
    -----

What do you mean, they're already all there. Do you mean if you download them all you have them but just not showing all three at once, which would be, I see, stupid. Thanks
    05-22-08 02:30 PM
    -----

What do you mean, they're already all there. Do you mean if you download them all you have them but just not showing all three at once, which would be, I see, stupid. Thanks
    ok im not really sure what your reply means... at all. why would you need to download the zen/etc themes? they come preloaded on your phone. themes like iberry and such you have to download..... maybe im misunderstanding you???
    05-22-08 03:31 PM
    -----

This is too funny. I think I don't know what I'm talking about.... I guess I don't understand what Zen, Icon and Today mean. Other than that, I think I'll hold off on getting any new themes, they seem to complicate things a bit, and I found some beautiful backgrounds that make the default Icons look okay. I wish we could draw our own Icons. Some of the default ones don't make sense to me. You wouldn't happen to know what a Cellibrite Phonebook Client is?

-----
    05-22-08 10:11 PM
    Zen, Icon and Today are just the icon display styles used by the themes.

If you go to your options => themes on your phone, you should see several themes preloaded - a zen, an icon, a today, usually an 'L' (icons display down the left and across the bottom of the screen, like an L), and usually a default theme for your provider.

When you download a theme, you will usually be given a choice of zen, today or icon for each theme. All it means is how the icons will display for the theme - down the side (zen), all visible on the home screen (icon) or the today schedule display.

All the themes do is create a template with backing visuals, font for the screen texts, specialty icons for each service etc. Whether you choose the today, icon or zen version depends on which icon style you prefer.

Personall I download most themes in zen. I like the iBerry icon style though because it reminds me of my iPod Touch. I don't like the today style of icons display. If I had my choice? I love the freebie Crackberry themes (Abuser) with the icons across the bottom of the screen only, and all I do is choose the wallpaper of my choice to back it.

I hope that clears it up a little.
    05-23-08 03:31 AM
    -----

Oh....I saw those themes once and didn't give them the time of day, at least not enough to read their names, because I didn't like the wallpaper. Looks too desktoppy. Right now I've got the preinstalled pink flower or whatever looking background and it's gorgeous with the default theme.

I like the iBerry theme, but I also want just the 5 Icons across the bottom of the screen so I can see the background, a picture or whatever, so I'm sticking with the default theme because iBerry doesn't have it. I'll just learn what the default Icons mean.

Thanks for the clarification!

Oh...do you happen to know what that Cellibrite Phonebook Client is. Nothing to do with fat thighs I hope. hahahaha

-----
    05-23-08 11:37 PM
    Welcome to CB
    05-24-08 12:21 AM
    There is an I berry theme that shows only 5 icons on thy home screen
    05-24-08 01:23 AM
    Sorry don't know what Cellebrite is...just so you know, any of those default themes can be used - all you need to do is set whatever picture you want as wallpaper from your pictures in your media player. The backgrounds that look too desktoppy (and I agree) can be replaced by any picture you want and have loaded on your media card.
    05-24-08 02:48 AM
    -----

blueberry23, Yea, I don't want to lose the 5 Icons across the bottom of the screen for a new profile whose Icons take up the whole page.

-----
    05-24-08 06:32 PM
    Cellbrite is what they use to transfer your contacts from one phone to another.
    05-25-08 01:12 AM
    -----

I decided after all this time to download the Neon Theme, because it's got Words instead of Icons. But thanks to all who responded, and I hope somebody else will profit from this thread, and all your good answers.

-----
    05-25-08 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD