Does anyone know if there is a difference between a Motorola USB charger and the BB one? I have been through 2 berrys since the 14th and am starting to wounder if it was the car charger. I have a Nextel for work and my Personal line is on my BB. The only thing that makes me think this is I grabbed my berry charger this morning not paying attention and plugged my Nextel in and got a message that it could not charge. Nextel charger works fine in it. Does the Moto on source a different voltage? I thought it would use the USB standard but given Moto's track record of changing chargers with every model it wouldn't shock me if the voltages were different.
    03-02-09 08:59 AM
    I have had problems with some motorola chargers. They seem to take longer to charge the battery to full and then drain twice as fast. I know only use the blackberry charger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 09:03 AM
    i think there is possibly a difference with the charge, in in2vibe said. i've used a motorola charger on mine when the battery was dying and i was desperate. battery drained much, much quicker.

i use the blackberry charger for regular charging, and others if it's the only thing around and i need a quick charge
    03-02-09 09:13 AM
    Personally on my 8320 I used my moto bluetooth charger and it charged the battery fine and life didn't suffer. Guess I was lucky. But my 8900 now only uses the bb charger due to new size

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 09:38 AM
    Check the Amp rating on the plug. Some are 500mA and others are 1A. My guess is that one of them is the lower amperage unit, which is why it is not charging properly. It would also explain why the other phone charges slower.
    03-02-09 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD