When the Q10 was about to be released, he said he heard BlackBerry users "loud and clear" about us wanting a keyboard.

Did he miss half the equation by not including the "tool belt?"

Is that why we are waiting for the q20?

Should the q20 have come out first with the z10, then the q10 too follow this fall?
    acovey likes this.
    04-13-14 08:09 PM
    When the Q10 was about to be released, he said he heard BlackBerry users "loud and clear" about us wanting a keyboard.

Did he miss half the equation by not including the "tool belt?"

Is that why we are waiting for the q20?

Should the q20 have come out first with the z10, then the q10 too follow this fall?
    You have to remember a lot of crackberry users and bbry employees also said buttons were a thing of the past and that natural gestures was a good thing only when bbos continued to outsell bb10 did they realize that buttons were a good thing

I highly doubt you can convince them otherwise since they think z30 is the greatest phone ever

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-13-14 08:35 PM
    You have to remember a lot of crackberry users and bbry employees also said buttons were a thing of the past and that natural gestures was a good thing only when bbos continued to outsell bb10 did they realize that buttons were a good thing

I highly doubt you can convince them otherwise since they think z30 is the greatest phone ever

I hear a lot of hate on touchscreen from someone who probably uses a touchscreen and never used a z30....

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 08:54 PM
    I hear a lot of hate on touchscreen from someone who probably uses a touchscreen and never used a z30....

Posted via CB10
    Shouldn't you be quoting the op?
    He is questioning why bbry under Thorstein didn't release buttons like tool belt
    I was just pointing out something you just showed an example of yet you have a bbry user who just called them out and you just decide to attack someone who helped him

maybe you should read the original op
    Why are you turning this into a q10 vs z30 war?
    acovey likes this.
    04-13-14 10:40 PM
    There are some of us who have abandoned the belt and never wish to go back.

I find it very intuitive and fast. I'm honestly terrified that BlackBerry will go back to the belt and I will no longer be able to enjoy the swipy goodness of BB10 again.

Posted via CB10
    stevepar likes this.
    04-13-14 11:14 PM
    i think u r r8.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    04-13-14 11:23 PM
    Initially I thought it was odd that they were releasing the q10 with no belt.

I think it is lawyers and other professionals who use bb who really want to bring the belt back

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    04-13-14 11:35 PM
    It is pretty dumb actually that TH plan was originally to go with only touch screen devices

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    04-13-14 11:36 PM
    Initially I thought it was odd that they were releasing the q10 with no belt.

I think it is lawyers and other professionals who use bb who really want to bring the belt back

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. The only users I know who have Q10s and want the buttons back are older professionals who openly admit that they have no interest in learning the new swipe gestures. I don't see these Q20 and similar devices being around long as the buttons are a waste of device real estate at this point, I think it'll be an appeasement step to help move stragglers off their legacy devices as well as give these unhappy Q10 users a device they can use the last year or two before they retire.
    04-13-14 11:55 PM
    Exactly. The only users I know who have Q10s and want the buttons back are older professionals who openly admit that they have no interest in learning the new swipe gestures. I don't see these Q20 and similar devices being around long as the buttons are a waste of device real estate at this point, I think it'll be an appeasement step to help move stragglers off their legacy devices as well as give these unhappy Q10 users a device they can use the last year or two before they retire.
    Actually the mistake they made with the Q10 was not removing the belt, it was removing the belt and providing only a dinky screen for an all touch device. The iPhone would have been a failure too had it only a 3.1 inch screen.
    04-14-14 12:13 AM
    Wait and see how well the BlackBerry classic sells first. If it is a turd then maybe Thor wasn't wrong or maybe people just wanted something to complain about. Or maybe one of many possibilities.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 05:57 AM
    Old tech.

Sigh.

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    04-14-14 06:15 AM
    I think the claim that only seniors are looking forward to the toolbelt is a bit exaggerated.

There are a lot of people, even non-BlackBerry users, who say that the trackpad was one of the coolest BlackBerry features. I absolutely think it makes sense to produce such a device.

In my opinion, John Chen is a far better CEO when it comes to customer communication and keeping the link to BlackBerry's core, which is still the enterprise sector. And while they are keeping up and improving this sector, they can slowly start building a path back to the consumer market with devices like the Z3 and also getting hold of emerging markets.

This will at the same time strengthen their foundation, as well as reaching out for more market share.

If they want to be a niche player with the Q20, they have to offer a highly diversified product which is adapted to their most loyal customers needs.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 07:11 AM
    Shouldn't you be quoting the op?
    He is questioning why bbry under Thorstein didn't release buttons like tool belt
    I was just pointing out something you just showed an example of yet you have a bbry user who just called them out and you just decide to attack someone who helped him

maybe you should read the original op
    Why are you turning this into a q10 vs z30 war?
    "Since they think the z30 is the best phone ever"... this came off as an attack!! a belittling sense of calling people delusional

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 09:23 AM
    Ppl are buying the BBOS not cause of the tool belt, but cause it's cheaper. If they wanna release the Q20, they better price it right. Or nothing will change

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 04:37 PM
    It is pretty dumb actually that TH plan was originally to go with only touch screen devices

Posted via CB10
    Of course not. The consumer market is massively dominated by touch screen, he would have been a fool not to target this first.
    The failure to not include key legacy features and the uninspiring design coupled with an abysmal launch and marketing killed it at birth.
    04-14-14 04:52 PM
    Of course not. The consumer market is massively dominated by touch screen, he would have been a fool not to target this first.
    The failure to not include key legacy features and the uninspiring design coupled with an abysmal launch and marketing killed it at birth.
    Agree

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 06:54 PM