Guys/Gals,

OK, I just noticed something and it may have been like this for a while, but I'm not sure.

I have my Gmail address set up on BIS 3.2 and have my calendar and contacts syncing fine (thank goodness Google Sync is gone!).

Anyway, today when I hit the menu button while in my email folder, I noticed that there are more options than usual such as add star, archive, label, filter. Just like in Gmail on my PC. I got all excited thinking that I'd be able to see my folders....and in a way I can...meaning they're listed, but when I select one, it's empty and doesn't show the messages I'd saved in there (labeled folders) on my PC.

Anyone else notice this? I was hoping that Gmail was getting more integrated and more like the PC experience, but now I'm confused

TIA
    11-18-10 10:34 AM
    Your using the Gmail Plug in correct?
    11-18-10 10:37 AM
    Not that I know of, John. I have used my Bold for almost a year now.

When I heard that BIS 3.2 had been upgraded to allow for syncing of calendars, I deleted Google Sync and my email address, and set it up again as I always have (used the settings on T-Mobile's website...just had to enter my Gmail address and password). This was about a month or so ago by the way.
    11-18-10 10:49 AM
    Screen shot if possible.

I only get:

* Calendar
    * Contacts
    * Deleted Items
    11-18-10 10:52 AM
    Sorry, have no idea how to do a screen shot.

When I'm in my Gmail mail icon/folder showing my list of emails, I hit the menu button and get these options:

Help
    Open
    Mark unopened
    Save
    Forward
    Forward As
    Reply to All
    Delete
    Flag for Follow Up
    Add Star
    Archive
    Report Spam
    Filter
    Labels
    Compose Email
    Compose Pin
    Compose SMS Text
    Compose MMS
    Instant Message
    Search
    View Saved Messages
    Message Alerts
    Options
    Reconcile Now
    Switch Application
    Close

PHEW!
    11-18-10 11:01 AM
    Yes, that's the "enhanced gmail plugin" at work.
    11-18-10 01:34 PM
    Yes, that's the "enhanced gmail plugin" at work.
    That is so weird considering I didn't select this option at anytime. So how is it different otherwise to what I had before? Wondering if it's 'good' or 'bad'....
    11-18-10 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD