So my dad brought me his BB Pearl, and it seems that any call, there is no sound in or out. Does not ring (but other phones receive calls), talking does not produce sound on either end =(. Anyone know if this could possibly be a software problem?
    04-14-08 08:46 PM
    Could be corrupt phone system application..
    Have you tried a battery pull??
    04-14-08 08:48 PM
    Pull the battery out while the phone is turned on. Leave it out at least 1 minute. Put it back and see if that fixes it.
    04-14-08 08:49 PM
    Hard battery pull didn't work =(. The phone does seem like it's taken alot of abuse though. Anyone know where I could find a cheap Blackberry Pearl, new or used?
    04-15-08 07:34 PM
    Hard battery pull didn't work =(. The phone does seem like it's taken alot of abuse though. Anyone know where I could find a cheap Blackberry Pearl, new or used?
    Welcome to CB.

Bienvenido!
    04-15-08 07:44 PM
    ya i got mine on ebay for 150
    04-15-08 07:45 PM
    Check the Marketplace here on CB!

Welcome!
    04-15-08 09:04 PM
    Try reinstalling the latest OS. It fixes some weird things.
    04-15-08 09:09 PM
    i dont want to be an ****-nugget here but i dont understand why everyone thinks a hard reset (or as most common folk would say a battery pull) f ixes every problem with the blackberry no audio no matter what situation is a little more serious than a common roobot. im just tired of people posting a hard reset as a solution, its not always gna fix it like people think. and most people think of that before they post it.
    04-15-08 11:01 PM
    i dont want to be an ****-nugget here but i dont understand why everyone thinks a hard reset (or as most common folk would say a battery pull) f ixes every problem with the blackberry no audio no matter what situation is a little more serious than a common roobot. im just tired of people posting a hard reset as a solution, its not always gna fix it like people think. and most people think of that before they post it.
    Feels kinda like a Windows help forum, eh? "Reboot."
    04-15-08 11:34 PM
    Try plugging in a set of headphones, jack might be corroded or dirty, alcohol on a qtip works..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-08 11:37 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion about the headphone jack. It'll keep the phone useful for a bit longer as the headphones still work.
    04-17-08 06:43 PM
    Next step would be to try a Bluetooth headset, see if it breathes a bit more life into it. Sounds like it might have got wet.. CNN.CN has a lot of replacement parts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-08 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD