I got a Curve 8530. I like it but I read about how much better the Tour is . I chose the Curve because of the trackpad and the Wifi but now I wonder if I should have chose the Tour. Not sure why it matters to me but when I hear about something better out there, it bugs me and I want the better one. Yes, I'm sure I'd be wanting the Bold if it was offered by USC. Any input on this? Did I really make a mistake? I keep looking at ways that I could get my hands on a Tour but they are sooo expensive without an upgrade deal! I'm obsessed!!
    02-11-10 08:54 AM
    I have had a curve for the last two years. I love it, but the one thing I wish it didn't have was a trackball. I have had to change it 4 times and I think they are a design flaw. 8530 has a trackpad which I think it much better, but it doesn't have a flash for the camera which makes it a no go for me. If you don't need the flash, you have made a better choice in my opinion.
    02-11-10 08:56 AM
    you can always get the Tour 2 when it releases, that will have a trackpad and wifi. Yes, the Tour is far superior to the 8530. Strangely, I think the 8330 was a much better Curve.
    02-11-10 08:57 AM
    you can always get the Tour 2 when it releases, that will have a trackpad and wifi. Yes, the Tour is far superior to the 8530. Strangely, I think the 8330 was a much better Curve.
    Gonna have to second this post!

Also if you are already out of the 30 day window to return it then just sell it on cb/ebay or whatever you choose and use that money for the T2.
    02-11-10 09:00 AM
    I've had my 8530 for a couple months now and I like it a lot. I wanted to wait for the tour 2 but couldn't. In the first couple weeks I wanted my 8330 back but now I think the 8530 is much better. I do pretty much the same things with my 8530 that I did with the 8330, minus the flash for pics but it's no biggie. I don't know what else I'd be getting from the tour/ tour 2 that I don't have on my 8530 besides the better keypad (imo). If you can live with the no flash and keypad the way it is, I don't think you made a mistake. I used to think the 8330 was better as well but it was out for a long time and had a chance for most/all bugs to be fixed. Hopefully in time the 8530 will be the same way after some updates
    02-11-10 09:14 AM
    Just save your money for a "better" BB cause theres a few coming out this year. The 8530 is a nice phone.
    02-11-10 09:18 AM
    Gonna have to second this post!

Also if you are already out of the 30 day window to return it then just sell it on cb/ebay or whatever you choose and use that money for the T2.
    How much do you think I could sell it for on Ebay? Is the Tour significantly faster than the Curve 8530? I think I'm becoming addicted...I want them all!!! Maybe I should go visit the rehab forum!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 09:41 AM
    The sales person told me the only advantage of the Tour was that it could be used out of the country and a better camera.

02-11-10 09:45 AM
    How much do you think I could sell it for on Ebay? Is the Tour significantly faster than the Curve 8530? I think I'm becoming addicted...I want them all!!! Maybe I should go visit the rehab forum!!!

I've seen many people selling it for 250...you can get away with it because most people are trying to snag it out of contract.

The tour1 has great speed and the tour2 is expected to be fast as well.

Yea so visit cbrehab forums and the off topic is always fun.
    02-11-10 09:49 AM
    Don't know if you have 30 Days to return it, but I'd see...Cause it sounds like you really want the Tour...
    02-11-10 09:51 AM
    Only you can truly determine whether a mobile device is right for you.

I like the new Curve 2, but the lack of a flash makes it out of the question for me. I use the camera in situations where I need the flash. The better camera, the flash, and the screen make the wait for Tour 2 worth it for me. Plus, on a different note, I like the 'feel' of the Tour better.

One thing I haven't seen on Curve 2 was contacts for a charging pod. Do they have any?

02-11-10 10:08 AM
    The sales person told me the only advantage of the Tour was that it could be used out of the country and a better camera.

well, I haven't checked the specs for the 8530, but the screen resolution might be higher on the tour as well. the 8900, Tour and 9700 all have a screen resolution of 480x360 and so can share the same themes (if on OS5) but the screen resolution of the Curve was lower. Plus the tour has more memory for apps I believe. I boot at 115MB free on my Tour with about 20 programs loaded.
    02-11-10 10:15 AM
    Not a fan of the 8520/30, i mean its not a bad phone but damn it's kinda stuck a couple years back.
    02-11-10 10:18 AM
    Not a fan of the 8520/30, i mean its not a bad phone but damn it's kinda stuck a couple years back.
    howso?
    screen res?

I only use the flash on my camera to see in the dark.....love the form factor.
    The bigger issue I have is lack of charging contacts if I wanted to use a pod....seeing how I use a case I guess it isn't too bad.
    02-11-10 10:21 AM
    One thing I haven't seen on Curve 2 was contacts for a charging pod. Do they have any?
    No, the 85xx Curve series does not have any contacts for a charging pod.

Plus the tour has more memory for apps I believe.
    Negative, the Tour and the Curve2 both have 256mb of memory.

Tour has a better screen, better camera, world phone capabilities, and a slightly faster processor (so I've been told).
    Curve2 has WiFi and the Trackpad...

Personally, I love my Tour. I feel that the construction of the phone is alot better than the Curve series, and I prefer the keyboard on the Tour to the one on the Curve.
    02-11-10 02:32 PM
    I feel that the construction of the phone is alot better than the Curve series, and I prefer the keyboard on the Tour to the one on the Curve.
    Yes, the above quote and the screen resolution are reason enough to choose the Tour. Return the 8530 if you can, given your hesitation.
    02-11-10 03:08 PM
    Yes, the above quote and the screen resolution are reason enough to choose the Tour. Return the 8530 if you can, given your hesitation.
    I'm sure that is out of the question. I haven't had this phone for 30 days but I had the HTC TP2 and just couldn't get used to that phone so I traded that back in for this Curve 8530. They will only allow 1 trade.

If I was going to try to buy a Tour at retail price. (499.00). I might as well terminate the contracts on our 3 phones and go somewhere else. It would be cheaper. Trust me I'd be skinned alive if I did that.

I guess the difference in the camera I don't like but can live with that. My main issue would be the speed.

02-11-10 04:06 PM
    I think you'll be fine. Please don't second-guess yourself!
    02-11-10 04:23 PM
    I agree.....
    coworker has the same curve (upgraded from the pearl) I was the guy who asked about bbm on the last podcast)
    She hasn't noticed a difference in speed and the photos she has shown me are really nice....
    IT IS NOT an entry level device...so what if it doesn't have the chrome bezels...how many people on here get upset when the chrome is scratched
    02-11-10 04:27 PM
    I have always been partial to the 8330. It was my first BB and I will always think that it is one of the best devices out. I bet it was difficult to give it up. I never had any problems with it.

02-11-10 07:17 PM
    The grass is not always greener, but in this case, I think it is. Tour baby!
    02-11-10 07:46 PM
    Yeah, thanks for the advice. I pretty much am going to have to be ok with it.

Isn't it something how the carriers get you with the 2 year contracts and 18 month upgrades. Once you're in it It's nearly impossible to get out without it costing you. Who wouldn't want an upgrade after 18 monrths with all these new phones coming out. Once you get the new phone,there goes another 2 year contract!! Pretty smart of them!

02-11-10 09:36 PM
    I got a Curve 8530. I like it but I read about how much better the Tour is . I chose the Curve because of the trackpad and the Wifi but now I wonder if I should have chose the Tour. Not sure why it matters to me but when I hear about something better out there, it bugs me and I want the better one. Yes, I'm sure I'd be wanting the Bold if it was offered by USC. Any input on this? Did I really make a mistake? I keep looking at ways that I could get my hands on a Tour but they are sooo expensive without an upgrade deal! I'm obsessed!!
    the grass is always greener on the other side. 8530 is a very capable device.
    02-11-10 11:09 PM
    As long as you like the Curve I don't think you made a mistake. There's always going to be a better phone around the corner. Pick the one you like and enjoy.

02-12-10 12:28 AM
    Yeah, I agree with this as well, while the Tour has some advantages over the 8530, it also has some disadvantages, like WiFi. The 8530 is still a really nice device, nice form factor, good size, no reason to be upset with your choice, because really, it does pretty much the exact same things that the Tour can do, after all, it IS a BlackBerry!

Be happy with your purchase, there's nothing to be upset about!
    02-12-10 08:17 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD