i'm sure most people here know of how damn anti-blackberry BGR.com has been over the past few years, but over the past few weeks i've noticed nothing but either neutral or somewhat positive articles regarding BlackBerry.

furthermore, all i get on their sponsored ads are from BlackBerry.

Remind me of this Simpsons episode

Simpsons Bill Gates 2 on Vimeo
    did BlackBerry basically buy off BGR?-1q4fa.jpg
    11-24-14 11:10 PM
    Nice one. You are probably correct with your theory. Or perhaps Crackberry has???

Things that make you say Hmmmmmm......

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 11:24 PM
    What article are you referring to?

Posted via BBM Premium
    11-25-14 12:52 AM
    Yes, indeed! Now the next step is to buy off Seeking Alpha, theVerge, Bloomberg, and then the world.
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    11-25-14 01:07 AM
    I don't know about bought off, lol. But yes you are not the only one that's noticed. I check BGR each day. Lately I have noticed several positive articles about Blackberry. And a "sponsored by BlackBerry" ad mid way of the page scroll.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.1151
    11-25-14 01:25 AM
    if you're getting advert revenue from a company, will you write articles that set out to criticize them unnecessarily?
    11-25-14 01:32 AM
    I'm gonna chalk this one up to Kevin's new role and mending relationships with BGR

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 02:57 AM
    Well, I would think if some of your advertising revenue is coming from BlackBerry, you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Sent from my Lovely Passport on T Mobile USA
    southlander likes this.
    11-25-14 03:35 AM
    Money talks, monkey walks.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 03:42 AM
    But If you're a little sensitive, do not scroll down any further to the comments below any Blackberry article. It's nothing but rude comments, bashing and harassing Blackberry fans.
    11-25-14 03:44 AM
    Its not fun anymore, I used to go on BGR daily solely for the purpose of reading the latest BB bash articles. It was quite entertaining.

I got a kick out of their... "BB is dead" articles, and such.
    bakron1 and nick13b like this.
    11-25-14 05:31 AM
    i'm sure most people here know of how damn anti-blackberry BGR.com has been over the past few years, but over the past few weeks i've noticed nothing but either neutral or somewhat positive articles regarding BlackBerry.

furthermore, all i get on their sponsored ads are from BlackBerry.

Remind me of this Simpsons episode

Simpsons Bill Gates 2 on Vimeo
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1Q4fa.jpg 
Views:	1769 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	316771
    AFAIC what sponsored ads are shown is determined by your browser history. Example: I just bought a pair of Sennheiser earbuds off amazon.de. Now when I visit theverge.com or crackberry.com, said exact earbuds will show up on said sites in a sponsored ad of amazon.de. Doesn't mean amazon.de paid The Verge or CrackBerry for a Sennheiser ear bud ad.

Posted via CB10
    m1a1mg, spyeagle and howarmat like this.
    11-25-14 05:59 AM
    Its not fun anymore, I used to go on BGR daily solely for the purpose of reading the latest BB bash articles. It was quite entertaining.

I got a kick out of their... "BB is dead" articles, and such.
    I konw, im sad now. I've seen BlackBerry die more time than a dozen cats

Posted via CB10
    nick13b likes this.
    11-25-14 10:32 AM
    But If you're a little sensitive, do not scroll down any further to the comments below any Blackberry article. It's nothing but rude comments, bashing and harassing Blackberry fans.
    True, I had a look today for the first time, some big time, sad trools on there.

? Z10
    nick13b likes this.
    11-25-14 04:48 PM
    Unsure if it a "sponsored add" in the traditional sense...as it is formatted in the BGR website style... traditional sponsored adds stick out like a sore thumb.....as for toning down.... Definately seen it... goes to show as with Apple... whoever pays the bills gets the glory.. to have such an editorial shift with Gellar at the helm is impressive....
    11-25-14 04:57 PM
    Just had a quick read of two BlackBerry related articles. The articles themselves were pretty neutral, but what a bunch of morons commenting! I can't believe people take the time to write such garbage - both pro and anti BlackBerry. Makes me appreciate CB so much more - even when we disagree, we do it so nicely, and the mods keep a tight grip on the discussions. Too bad BGR doesn't impose any rules on comments.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    Prem WatsApp and thymaster like this.
    11-25-14 05:57 PM
    Just had a quick read of two BlackBerry related articles. The articles themselves were pretty neutral, but what a bunch of morons commenting! I can't believe people take the time to write such garbage - both pro and anti BlackBerry. Makes me appreciate CB so much more - even when we disagree, we do it so nicely, and the mods keep a tight grip on the discussions. Too bad BGR doesn't impose any rules on comments.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    That's the way it should be. Even though some of my rather OT posts got deleted in the past, I think that eventually happens to most of us at some stage. ;-)

Thanks, mods for the great work.
    (Don't always agree, but you're still doing an awesome job reigning in the trolls and rabid fanbois of all camps... )

Zocster, Wulf, Ron, B.K., Elessar, BB Guy & Co. ... :-)

? ? ? Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    11-25-14 11:49 PM
    I konw, im sad now. I've seen BlackBerry die more time than a dozen cats

Posted via CB10
    Lol so true!!!! BlackBerry is a true phoenix

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    11-26-14 03:23 AM
    Just browsed some more BGR comments...
    OUCH...!

It's atrocious: filled with low level profanity, trolls galore, and plenty of attacks below the belt. Thank God CrackBerry is well looked after and people exercise self-restraint most of the time... :-)))

? ? ? Qchen ? ? ?
    11-26-14 03:54 AM