Did 4.5OS update fix your memory leak issues on the VZW Pearl?? Or any tips to help stop the memory leak issues, besides getting a microSD and deleting BrickBreaker (you know who you are! lol)??
    11-20-08 08:46 AM
    Better. I'm running 4.5.0.89 now and it seems to be running smoothly. getting a memory card is important but remember that you can only save ringtones, music, and pix on it - not e-mails/texts and not apps...

Do a search for "memory optimization procedure" and definitely use Crackmem (do a search for that too) when you upgrade, it will help you remove a bunch of extraneous stuff.

I also got rid of some apps that I wasn't using that may or may not have been memory hogs - MobiPocket Reader (always seemed to be running even though I constantly closed it), Docs2Go (some have said it's a memory hog and I wasn't using it), weatherbug (maybe hogging memory, I saw the hourglass pop up all the time for a sec or 2).

I'm running a solid 17xx MB with minimal soft resets with beyond411, cblauncher, espn mobile web,google maps, google mobile app, got2, NYT Mobile, softreset, vibandring, and ziplorer installed.
    11-20-08 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD