Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bla1ze
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Dialer on BBZ10 why so many complaints?

Reading through the various posts seems that many aren't aware that in order to dial numbers from Web pages all you need to do is highlight, copy and paste the number in the Flow Dialer App! To answer calls swipe down, to ignore calls swipe up. To get recent calls, missed numbers, hit the telephone icon on "home screen" Contacts are synced with BBM, email. Sms,Whatsapp and phone dialer, easy to do all this! Same procedure for BlackBerry Z30. Lightening fast and smooth! Please I encourage all with issues please read your Tutorial app ,also located on your phone!

Posted via CB10
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    11,671 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crackbrry fan View Post
    copy and paste the number in the Flow Dialer App!
    Posted via CB10
    <Insert comment about needing an app to complete a somewhat basic, remedial task that should be included with all phones and not require an app in order to function correctly>

If every other phone can do this without an app then why is it so difficult for BlackBerry to make happen? Personally, I don't care about this at all but surely you can see the problem there. It's the little things, especially when this was a core function of BBOS that users have come to expect in every phone.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

It's is an icon,native for BlackBerry 10 ,it's referred to as an app! NO Buttons remember! The entire platform is great! The issue is it requires change in how things are done, something perhaps many don't like! They are NOT remedial tasks as you claim! These are touch devices. Like my Samsung S4 and iphone 5, when reading Web pages, frequently I'm accidentally dialing out! This procedure fixes or prevents that problem!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

It's is an icon,native for BlackBerry 10 ,it's referred to as an app! NO Buttons remember! The entire platform is great! The issue is it requires change in how things are done, something perhaps many don't like! They are NOT remedial tasks as you claim!

Posted via CB10
    The thing is, is that I could dial from a web page from my any of my legacy devices. Having to copy/paste is a step backwards for a new OS.
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    11,671 Global Posts

It's is an icon,native for BlackBerry 10 ,it's referred to as an app! NO Buttons remember! The entire platform is great! The issue is it requires change in how things are done, something perhaps many don't like! They are NOT remedial tasks as you claim!

Posted via CB10
    Keep telling yourself that. I'm glad you found a solution that works for you and again, I really don't care about it at all but it's this sort of crap that makes people not even consider BlackBerry. It's a basic task that is done on other devices out of the box while on BlackBerry, you need an app. Plain and simple. To argue otherwise is silly.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by jelp2 View Post
    The thing is, is that I could dial from a web page from my any of my legacy devices. Having to copy/paste is a step backwards for a new OS.
    Not all pages require copy and paste via flow Dialer, some pages visited you can call without that, however personally I prefer copy paste as it prevents,as I stated before accidental dialing which has happened frequently with my other touch screen devices!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    Keep telling yourself that. I'm glad you found a solution that works for you and again, I really don't care about it at all but it's this sort of crap that makes people not even consider BlackBerry. It's a basic task that is done on other devices out of the box while on BlackBerry, you need an app. Plain and simple. To argue otherwise is silly.
    That your opinion. You are entitled to it! I have explained reasons behind why it was done like that and trying to assist actual users in discovering how to do things!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Is that possible to change the default dialer app on Z10( BB 10.2 OS) ?

Hello,
    Happy new year ..

Is that possible to change the default dialer app on Z10( BB 10.2 OS) ? if so what is the best app available on BB world?

Actually, I am very poor to remember phone number, I know there is search available on contact, but it is very difficult to search using querty keys.

I would like to hava an app/or any settings which I can achive like, if I keep typing on DailPad then it should show some suggesstion of the saved phone numbers(some thing like in galaxy series) which I missed a lot from android phone.

Thanks
    Naveen M