I recently switched from the widcomm drivers for my adapter to the windows ones, to enable support for desktop manager. Before, I only had limited services, but now I have even less. The only one available in the bluetooth properties is "Dial-up networking (DUN)" and I know this phone supports more than that. At the very least I should be able to use the headset option... how do I enable the rest of the services?
    09-13-08 11:40 AM
    DUN is the only Bluetooth service supported by my HP laptop / Verizon 8830 pairing as well. I don't know any way to enable any other services between the computer and the BlackBerry. SPP works between the computer and my Bluetooth GPS puck.
    09-13-08 11:46 AM
    Okay, that last sentence totally lost me

I am pretty computer savvy, but I only have limited bluetooth knowledge. I do know, however, that my last phone (a samsung m500, which isn't even a smart phone) had WAY more bluetooth services for it, and worked WAY better in the bluetooth department. Not to say I don't like my blackberry, far from it, but that is one of the areas I wish they would work on improving.

On my old phone, you could get into the files on the phone, transfer any/all contacts, send/receive any files, etc.

Also, my sister's sony ericcson has an option where you can control your computer with the phone, which I thought was awesome. Why blackberry's don't have this option is beyond me, especially with the little trackball.
    09-13-08 11:49 AM
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to confuse you. SPP is the serial port protocol that GPS devices use. I think the limiting factor is the BlackBerry Bluetooth implementation. Sprint may support more protocols that Verizion; I don't know. I have read that it is possible to synch your BlackBerry and your laptop using Bluetooth, but I haven't tried it. I know DUN works, but I don't subscribe to the service with Verizon. Sprint may offer it for free, again, I don't know.
    09-13-08 11:55 AM
    Well, I enabled bluetooth support in desktop manager, and you can sync from there, which is cool. I just really really miss the cool BT features my last phone had. It's no big deal to use the USB cable to access files and such, but it sucks knowing I have a phone that is superior in so many ways yet limited in others.

I can't imagine sprint would be limiting the BT on it, as my last phone was from sprint, but if they have changed policy somehow that could be the case.
    09-13-08 11:56 AM
    Part of my problem is that I can't tell what is a limitation of my laptop and what is a BlackBerry limitation. I am not a Bluetooth expert either. I just use Bluetooth for the headset function with my device, so no other limitations have mattered.
    09-13-08 12:05 PM
    I know what you mean. IMO from what I see of the windows BT software, neither it nor the widcomm is very great. I've heard of other third party BT software that many prefer; do you have any knowledge or suggestions for such?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD