Which do you prefer? Why?
    01-21-09 03:22 PM
    I turn Dial From Home Screen off. This gives me access to all
    the keyboard shortcuts. I find that much more useful.

Also, it prevent accidental key presses, so no phantom calling.
    01-21-09 03:26 PM
    I actually like the Dial-from-home-screen feature over the standard Shortcut-to-application standard. It's nice to just start typing out a contact's name and have it search my phonebook. I can just scroll to the application I want in the menu, so launching those any faster isn't really a huge deal to me.

I must admit though, I've accidentally called people before with that feature on.. so it's been AutoLock or AutoStandby for me since
    01-21-09 03:29 PM
    I have mine disabled. I enjoy the shortcuts, which I use more often than making phone calls.
    01-21-09 04:16 PM
    Mine is on cause this is still a fone 1st and a mini-computer 2nd! lol
    01-21-09 04:19 PM
    I used to use it but now its disabled. I forced myself to use it for a while and now I really like it. I can use a blank homescreen and still quickly access everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 04:24 PM
    I like dialing names from the home screen. I have told myself I will try it the other way and learn the keyboard shortcuts for apps...but I haven't gotten around to it yet

01-21-09 04:50 PM
    I turn mine off. I like the shortcuts as well and hate when I have it my pocket and if I didn't lock the phone and it calls someone.
    01-21-09 04:56 PM
    I turned that off aggggges ago, I love the shortcuts.
    01-21-09 04:57 PM
    I turned that off aggggges ago, I love the shortcuts.
    Me too, i actually forgot about it, haha...
    01-21-09 05:00 PM
    To be perfectly honest, like many others.. I'd *prefer* to have the option of neither the home-screen-dialing nor the application-shortcuts!

Right?... Riiiight?
    01-21-09 06:14 PM
    I have never used the shortcuts, so mine is still turned off. I may try it the other way, not sure though.
    01-21-09 06:24 PM
    I have read that I should Go in my Options> General Options and then turn dial from home screen OFF.

However, I have a Curve 8330 from VZ and i dont have the General options in my options.....Can some one please help!!!!
    01-26-09 02:24 PM
    I have read that I should Go in my Options> General Options and then turn dial from home screen OFF.

However, I have a Curve 8330 from VZ and i dont have the General options in my options.....Can some one please help!!!!
    On mine, from the home page I press green button to get to call log, then menu button , options, general options.

Scott....
    01-26-09 03:17 PM
    OK, I tried turning the dial from home screen off. I am back to it now. I didn't like the other way. I guess I just got used to it that way.
    01-26-09 03:37 PM
    I am terrible with shortcuts so I have it on to dial
    01-26-09 03:40 PM
    I turn Dial From Home Screen off. This gives me access to all
    the keyboard shortcuts. I find that much more useful.

Also, it prevent accidental key presses, so no phantom calling.

When I had the curve, this is the exact reason why I disable my dial from home screen. I had called people to many times when my phone was in my pocket. The keyboard shortcuts are nice once you get used to them.
    01-26-09 03:46 PM
    I turned mine off, as well. Shortcuts are the way to go. Plus, I use my address book so often that I very rarely have to dial numbers manually. I prefer to just hit "A" and find the contact I'm looking for and have the ability to use shortcuts than to scroll to the Address Book on my home screen every time I want to call someone.
    01-26-09 04:02 PM
    I have mine off, as others have said, the shortcuts are just too awesome. In reality, its just an extra button press to get to contacts. I just hit the green phone button, and then start typing the name of the contact and it works just the same as if from the home screen.
    01-26-09 04:08 PM
    What shortcuts you talkin about if I disable the dial from homepage

01-26-09 07:19 PM
    What shortcuts you talkin about if I disable the dial from homepage
    A or C= Address Book or Contacts
    B or W = Browser (on AT&T W= MediaNet Browser)
    F = Profiles
    I - AIM (if installed)
    K = Keyboard Lock
    L = Calendar
    M = Messages
    N = BBM
    O = Options
    R = Alarm
    S = Search
    T = Tasks
    U = Calculator
    V = Saved Messages
    Y = Yahoo Messenger (if installed)
    01-26-09 07:41 PM
    G = google talk

01-26-09 07:59 PM
    G = google talk
    If installed. Otherwise "G" does nothing.
    01-26-09 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD