I recently discovered an issue with windows 8 and tablets that I want to share with CB and the devs that make the apps that we use to control our computers remotely, like AIO Remote, etc... . Specifically, I have 2 different remote control apps that let me control my laptop or tablet by BT, or Wifi.

I found that controlling a laptop or desktop was no problem, but when I installed the server software on my Asus Vivotab with Windows 8 (not RT), I could no longer see the mouse pointer. I could right-click on my Q10, left-click, and move around, BUT I couldn't see the mouse pointer.

It was driving me crazy, because I need to see the pointer to see where I am on the screen for a presentation.

Here's what I figured out...a laptop or netbook has an attached keyboard, so by default, the mouse pointer is activated and visible. A bare tablet does not have an attached keyboard, so the pointer is off by default. In order to see the pointer on my Asus Vivotab, I had to first pair my BT keyboard to it, which enabled the pointer, then run the server software and my phone app. That solved it. BUT...what if you don't want to cart around a keyboard as well? Another workaround I discovered was to go to the Ease of Access center in the Win 8 control panel, and turn on mouse keys. NOW, I can see the pointer as soon as I start the server software.

So.....what's the point here?

A suggestion (or request) to the devs making these programs...please update the server program to make Win 8 think there has been a keyboard connected, since many of us will probably use bare tablets running Win 8, like the Asus, or the Microsoft Surface.

I hope I've explained this all properly, as it might all sound confusing.

Cheers.
    08-14-13 04:45 PM
    The more elegant solution is to go to the touchscreen settings and activate finger trace...

hang on... I will get the proper names: Control Panel > Pen and Touch > tick both boxes for touch feedback, This should do the trick and make the remaining workarounds unnecessary.
    08-14-13 06:14 PM
    Thanks, but I had already tried that one before. The Mouse Keys option in the Ease of Access Center appears to be the only workouround I found in Windows.
    08-14-13 06:19 PM
    if you haven't already, load up BlackBerry world and find the app, tap the three circles in bottom right for more options, then hit `contact developer`. that's the best way they will see your request.
    08-14-13 06:22 PM
    if you haven't already, load up BlackBerry world and find the app, tap the three circles in bottom right for more options, then hit `contact developer`. that's the best way they will see your request.
    I've actually done that already for the apps I have...the point of this thread was to bring awareness of this issue to the community, in case someone else is experiencing the same issue.

I'm in no way slamming the devs, as they do great work, if that's what you may be thinking.
    08-14-13 06:26 PM
    I'm selling that stuff (hardware) for a living and I got a nice comment today: Times were easier back then, when I was able to create a boot (floppy)disc and did not have to attach a usb floppy drive to create one, just to copy the floppy onto a micro SD card, which I will leave inside the case together with the usb/micro sd adapter I get all the time from you guys....

Windows. Making life easier since 3.1
    08-14-13 06:26 PM
    Thank you for the good tip. I will refer to your advise in help page.

Thanks for sharing your solution

Aio remote
    08-23-13 10:15 AM