ok let me start by saying i did do a search.

so i found a really great vista theme that i would like to put on my bb, but its only available by zip files to use on DM. I tried to install it thru App Loader on DM but it gave me the "no additional blah blah found for your device" and then i discovered that i need to install my device OS on my comp for it to work?

my question is where do i get it? i have a Sprint 8130 and my OS version is v4.3.0.71 (Platform 3.1.0.37). i went to the blackberry website under support and it seems to only have links for desktop manager downloads which i already have?

i love this theme so much. plus its about time for me to learn how to install things via DM. any help is much appreciated.
    06-06-08 07:59 PM
    ok let me start by saying i did do a search.

so i found a really great vista theme that i would like to put on my bb, but its only available by zip files to use on DM. I tried to install it thru App Loader on DM but it gave me the "no additional blah blah found for your device" and then i discovered that i need to install my device OS on my comp for it to work?

my question is where do i get it? i have a Sprint 8130 and my OS version is v4.3.0.71 (Platform 3.1.0.37). i went to the blackberry website under support and it seems to only have links for desktop manager downloads which i already have?

i love this theme so much. plus its about time for me to learn how to install things via DM. any help is much appreciated.

you should be able to get the OS from the sprint site... i got my OS from the verizon site under the software download tab in the support section... i would assume sprint must have one aswell!
    06-06-08 08:10 PM
    Here ya go -

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E

Use the drop down box to select 8130, then you'll see your version listed second.
    06-06-08 08:16 PM
    i went to the sprint website and so far i could only find directions to upgrade my device OS.
    06-06-08 08:26 PM
    oh ok thanx chaz you're the best.

so just one more question do i download "blackberry desktop software v4.3" or "blackberry wireless handheld 8130"??
    06-06-08 08:30 PM
    i went to the sprint website and so far i could only find directions to upgrade my device OS.
    That's what you're looking for. You need the Device OS installed on your PC as well as you BB. Just go to the link I posted, download the matching OS version, and install it to your PC. Then you'll be all set to use DM.
    06-06-08 08:31 PM
    oh ok thanx chaz you're the best.

so just one more question do i download "blackberry desktop software v4.3" or "blackberry wireless handheld 8130"??
    Wireless Handheld.
    06-06-08 08:32 PM
    thank you so much!!!!

lol i love crackberry
    06-06-08 08:34 PM
    ok it didnt work. i downloaded the OS to my comp. tried to use the app loader. got the same message.

what went wrong?
    06-06-08 10:06 PM
    ok it didnt work. i downloaded the OS to my comp. tried to use the app loader. got the same message.

what went wrong?
    did you ever Un-Zip the file?
    06-06-08 10:10 PM
    After you downloaded it to your comp, did you double click it to install it?
    06-06-08 10:43 PM
    Real estate yea I did. But craze no I didn't lol.

It took me about 10 minutes last night to realize maybe I should do that lol.

I got my theme up and running! Thanx everyone for all your help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 06:38 AM
    Real estate yea I did. But craze no I didn't lol.

It took me about 10 minutes last night to realize maybe I should do that lol.

I got my theme up and running! Thanx everyone for all your help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Great im happy you got it working for you!
    06-07-08 07:04 AM
    You've taken your first steps into a larger world!

For future reference:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/expl...e-found-15204/
    06-07-08 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD