ok i'm pretty new but done some reading and well i'm still confused :P

i got my new bold yesterday and i swear it connected to the router last night turn off wireless and turn it on when i get home and i doesn't find it and when i look at the diagnostics screen this under status i beleive "device failed to associate with ap"

so i googled it and i got confused as routers aren't my thing.

basically i haven't touched the router since getting out of the box its all std except i changed one thing today which is the channels was "auto" now "2"

does anyone know why i am getting this, seems to be a common problem my router is a Gigaset SE587, phone BB bold

many thanks & hi
    08-28-08 01:00 PM
    You took the words right out of my mouth ... the whole thing went from great to Pear Shaped inside of 20 minutes ... I changed my Router's Channel from Auto to "2" and all was wonderful ... turn it all off ... turn it all on again ... and I'm right back where I started ... "Device failed to associate with AP." ... and I have exactly the same router as you ... trying to get value from a BB Pearl 8120 and not getting very far ... Did you ever solve the riddle or get any form of satisfaction ... if so please advise ... Guyb
    11-09-08 10:50 PM
    maybe try using another brand of router? I use the excessively common linksys wireless g router with no problems

however, it's funny you should mention this. Even though I can connect to the free WiFi at Starbucks, I can't browse or do anything....not sure what router the use, or how to fix my settings to make it work.
    11-16-08 10:00 PM
    nitroblu,
    i was having same problem - once i connected to an AP i was unable to browse. then i went to the hotspot browser by way of the Manage Connections / Set Up Wi-Fi Network screens. When i passed the intro screen and got the chance to 'scan for networks' i also had wi-fi hotspot browser button. Once i hit that i was connected and able to browse. give it a shot.
    11-25-08 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD