So, today I received an MMS with a picture that I wanted to save. I selected the photo, hit the menu button and then Save Image. The file saved as Funny.jpg... A few hours later I decided to forward the MMS to my brother and while I was in the process of forwarding I couldn't remember if I ever saved the photo so, I selected the photo, hit the menu button and then Save Image. This time, the file was saved as FunnyPhoto.jpg.rem!!!

I immediately checked my encryption settings in Options > Memory and Encryption Mode is set to None. I selected another MMS message from today with a photo attached and duplicated the process. Again, my device encrypted the file I saved from within a Forward process.

Why the heck is my device encrypting those media files? Oh, by the way, I have a 9630 running OS 4.7.1.53...

ALB
    10-03-09 07:03 PM
    This is happening on my girlfriend's Storm (not sure of OS version) as well, but is behaving fine on my Tour 9630, running 4.7.1.40. Could it be a problem with the card?

...checked my encryption settings in Options > Memory and Encryption Mode is set to None. I selected another MMS message from today with a photo attached and duplicated the process. Again, my device encrypted the file I saved from within a Forward process.

Why the heck is my device encrypting those media files? Oh, by the way, I have a 9630 running OS 4.7.1.53...

ALB
    10-27-09 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD