Curve 8900

Hi! For the past week my calendar items that I enter directly on my device are not syncing onto my outlook calendar. I use yahoo mail as the email on my device, but use only the calendar,tasks,and memos part of my Outlook program at work(I do not have my work email on my device). The items that I enter directly into Outlook do transfer onto my device when i sync but not the other way around.

Any suggestions?? Help!
    10-01-10 09:17 AM
    Are entries that you add on the BB using the default CICAL for the calendar?
    10-01-10 10:33 AM
    I have a Blackberry Torch 9800 on AT&T using Windows 7 and Outlook 2007. (not Outlook 2010).

My calendar was not synchronizing since I got it. The contacts, memos, and tasks were synching properly but not the calendar.

I tried everything online and found nothing that worked. I tried Companion Link Software and although they seem like a nice bunch of people with pretty good support, I didn't get my problem solved through then either (may not have been their fault; I wasn't able to stick with full followup as I normally would).

Now it works.

How did I solve it?

I called AT&T customer care. I went through one level, and then the second level, and then the third level of support. I ended up at RIM with a great Blackberry representative named Jenny who walked me through and solved the problem. It took a total of about 2.5 hours in all, but at least I have everything working now.

I've had to do this with many issues related to cell phones etc. But all I could say is I'm back to normal and I like it.

My advice for any of these problems is to get yourself a headset and be prepared to wait on hold for more than an hour (just do other work while your waiting) and just stick with the support reps from the companies who have the most at stake in getting you good (in this case, ATT and Blackberry RIM).

Keep climbing the ladder of support and patiently wait. Just do other work while they have you on hold. Sorry, I wish I could give the answer here but the bottom line is that the support lines are where it is at (generally the same no matter what software or device you are working with).

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to come back and post this so that others could see what worked for me. I came here earlier to find a solution and couldn't.
    01-14-11 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD