So I am sure this has been discussed but is hard to search. I wanted to go into the application loader on the BlackBerry desktop software to delete and add things to my BlackBerry Pearl. (8130 from Verizon) Now when I click application loader and go to the next screen, the following is displayed:

"The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or your system administrator."

With this I can't add or delete anything from the computer and its a pain in the... ****. Advice?
    04-30-08 03:13 AM
    If I understand your issue, you have NOT installed the OS software for your device on your computer. If you have installed the OS then the issue is something else. Desktop Manager is only ONE aspect. After you install that, you can backup and sync data.

BUT if you want to install/delete apps/modules, you need to actually go to your carrier's site and/or RIM and download the exact copy of your BB OS and then INSTALL that on the computer. Apparently, that install allows the app install/delete as well as allowing you to actually install/fix the OS on the device.
    04-30-08 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD