A certain app that was released not long ago does not function as advertised. I wrote a review explaining what I thought of it. It wasn't negative but it wasn't positive.

Now I see that my review has vanished after being up for a couple days. What's the deal with that?

If devs can just delete comments they don't like, then why have a ranking system?

Posted via CB10
    Madhuchandran likes this.
    06-01-15 10:58 PM
    Yes. They can have the review removed.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    06-01-15 11:00 PM
    If devs can just delete comments they don't like, then why have a ranking system?

Posted via CB10
    Users that should have been weeded out by natural selection but weren't, that's why.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 11:02 PM
    Yes can be removed. There has been a suggestion to add reply feature to a review for a long time. But BlackBerry hasn't added it. Best way is to contact them via mail.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 01:21 AM
    We can request to have a review removed, it's not an instant click click delete type of thing.

It's there to weed out the reviews which are abusive or stupid, or wrong, things like "good app" then gives a 1 star Rating which messes it all up for the dev.
    06-02-15 01:22 AM
    Yes can be removed. There has been a suggestion to add reply feature to a review for a long time. But BlackBerry hasn't added it. Best way is to contact them via mail.

Posted via CB10
    Well it did take them over a year to add the promotion feature :P
    06-02-15 01:23 AM
    Does anyone know if this is also an option for developers in Google Play or Apple's App Store? Or is this unique to BlackBerry World? Just curious.
    06-02-15 08:54 AM
    Nothing to value more than user experience.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 09:24 AM
    Does anyone know if this is also an option for developers in Google Play or Apple's App Store? Or is this unique to BlackBerry World? Just curious.
    I heard you can reply to reviews in play store. Don't know whether reviews can be deleted

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 10:27 PM
    You can ask BlackBerry to delete a review. They'll delete if they find it inappropriate. You can't just click and delete reviews.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 11:37 PM
    I heard you can reply to reviews in play store. Don't know whether reviews can be deleted

Posted via CB10
    Android/iOS have the advantage of high numbers of users. So even a large number of review trolls (let us say 1000) won't have a big impact on the overall review score.
    06-03-15 04:40 AM
    Thought I'd wake this thread up as I've just received a perfect example of our use for the request removal feature:
    Person advertising the promotion code for the App, no actual review with the minimum star rating, basically stupid spam

Gatmyer likes this.
    06-10-15 11:09 AM
    Unfortunately it seems this feature can be abused by developers. I wrote two reviews with giving only 2 stars about two apps published by Toysoft. It was about PowerTools and Good Morning. I wrote quite long reviews with many explanations. Both disappeared after a very short time. We'll, for me that's a reason never to buy Toysoft apps again.
    07-07-15 01:32 PM
    Unfortunately it seems this feature can be abused by developers. I wrote two reviews with giving only 2 stars about two apps published by Toysoft. It was about PowerTools and Good Morning. I wrote quite long reviews with many explanations. Both disappeared after a very short time. We'll, for me that's a reason never to buy Toysoft apps again.
    Hmm, that's the kind of abuse of system I'm personally against.
    07-07-15 01:34 PM
    Agreed.
    07-07-15 01:39 PM
    A less that favourable review should encourage the dev to make the app better and address issues, not just delete the review.

With the "reply" option, he/she could publicly respond and say so ...

�   Chendroid or not? - QNoX powered ftw...?   �
    07-07-15 03:28 PM
    Toysoft is actually the developer that prompted me to start this thread. I appreciate native developers but Toysoft is not to be trusted.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 05:23 PM