Is there a method to look at a BlackBerry device and determine if the carrier service plan is BIS or BES? I am trying to find a way to look at a BlackBerry prior to attempting an Enterprise Activation, and verify that the device is on BES. I get a mix of corporate purchased and consumer purchased devices, and I know that typically corporate purchased devices have BES and consumer have BIS... but some of the corporate purchased are coming in with BIS, and some of the personal are getting moved to BES... just a mess.

I need a method to tell by looking a a device, and see if it's BIS or BES, and not calling the carrier. Can this be done?
    03-25-10 01:36 PM
    Manage Connections > Service Status

The information on the screen will let you know if the phone is connected to BIS or BES.
    03-25-10 02:01 PM
    Duh! That was easy. Thanks!
    03-26-10 08:32 AM
    Not that its important (I know I'm on BIS), but out of curiosity, where is that on an 8100 running OS 4.5? I can't find "Manage Connections" anywhere. I see "Mobile Network" > "Data Services", but the only options there are "On", "Off" or "Off when Roaming" and my carrier name.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 09:46 AM
    You're going in via Options.

Manage connections is a separate icon. May be on your homepage or in a folder......

I believe the stock icon on the stock themes is as follows (lower right with focus):

03-26-10 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD