Anyone else updated their Desktop software to v7.0 B44 and now can't even open desktop manager?

Need Help!!!
    02-15-12 02:14 PM
    Yes, I had problems at first. It took 3 times, but finally after shutting down my desktop completely and starting from scratch did it update. Everything is running smooth and I backup my 9650 and PlayBook with no problem
    02-15-12 02:42 PM
    Thanks, did that twice and it still says, "BlackBerry Desktop software has stopped working."

Is there a way to remove this version or go "backwards" to the old version?
    02-15-12 03:15 PM
    As for removing it, I believe you must remove from the control panel on your pc to get all the files off. Once it is off, you can go to their site and check for destop software ver 6.0(xxx) and reload it. I actually did it for a laptop from Google.
    I haven't updated yet and like many, I'm a little scared after reading all the negatives. However, I thought I read somewhere some time ago that before installing a new version of Desktop Mgr you should delete the old version first and then download new version. Can anyone verify this please? Thanks, Jack
    02-15-12 03:20 PM
    i installed the update and im not even able to open dm....and i rebooted my laptop twice. gives me an error message and wants me to send an error report to microsoft
    02-15-12 05:03 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I have tried restoring my computer to a previous restore point with the old version running and that did not open either. It started to and then shut down...then I uninstalled that version, downloaded the new version again and at first I got an "error 1316. a network error ocurred while attempting to read from file C:\windows\installation\blackberrydesktopsoftware. msi"; so I did a repair installation and it said the program installed correctly. However, the program shuts down almost immediately after starting and asks if I want Windows to check for a solution. I have gotten responses saying a newer version of BB Destop Mgris available.

I have since uninstalled (rebooted each time) and reinstalled at least 6 times. I get the same situation every time. Any ideas?
    02-16-12 11:16 AM
    Are you reinstalling the same version?

I have uninstalled 7, tried 6 (build 38), uninstalled that and tried 6 (build 34), with PC reboots inbetween each, before I finally got a working version.
    02-16-12 12:29 PM
    I uninstalled every version of BBDM that i had on my laptop, restarted it, downloaded DM6.1 from the ATT blackberry website, did a clean install and now it works. happy to have DM back on my pc.
    02-17-12 02:18 PM
    Good for you.
    02-17-12 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD