I've just bought an 8900 curve and installed the Desktop Manager. Everything was fine and synched, etc, but then I tried to update the program online and ever since then Desktop Manager keeps crashiing.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling from cd, but even after this it still crashes. Maybe some residual junk in XP reg? I did clean with CC Cleaner and restart.

It crashes just after I enter my device password and while it is 'checking for device application updates...' .

Any ideas would be appreciated! If you need logs, etc please let me know the location.

Thanks.
    04-10-09 05:48 PM
    i got a 8900 and use vista 32bit, i constantly get program not responding whatever i try and do.... crap software!
    05-07-09 11:33 AM
    Are you using DM 4.7? Lots of people report that it is very buggy. I never had problems with it but if you are using it you might want to install 4.6 and try again. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 01:04 AM
    also I would like to mention that registry cleaners are not really that good .. They often tend to remove things that shouldn't be removed.

Some people may argue with me on this but I am very confident in saying that.
    05-24-09 01:25 AM
    I got this problem with a Bold. I try everything, uninstall the DM, install another version, install with another computer, install whitout the connection, etc... The last thing that I did was a change of terminal with my provider. And it works directly!
    05-27-09 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD