I'm not able to install Desktop Manager 4.2.2 on my windows vista pc. I tried installing from the cd that came with my curve but that didn't work. I downloaded DM 4.2.2 from the BB site and that wouldn't install either. After downloading the file and during installation, I get an "error 2738", could not access VPScript run time for custom action, and installation quits. I'm running windows vista 32 bit on that machine. DM works fine on my xp machine. Any ideas. Thanks, love the curve.
    07-20-07 03:56 PM
    Hi, were you able to solve this problem. I am having the same error message trying to instal my Blackberry pearl desktop software on my vista
    08-13-07 04:22 PM
    Yes, I did get it working shortly after posting my question. Found the answer on "Apple's" website and not on microsoft.
    1. On the Start menu, click All Programs.
    2. Click Accessories.
    3. Right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator from the shortcut menu.
    4. When the User Account Control dialog appears, click Continue.
    5. At the command prompt type the following:
    regsvr32 vbscript.dll
    6. Press Enter on your keyboard.
    7. A message should appear stating "DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded."
    8. Click OK and try installing Desktop Manager again.

This worked for me, hope it works for you.
    08-13-07 08:56 PM
    I've tried everything, humanly possible ro install my ds, I mean I've checked millions of post, numerous searchs everything... But dude I gotta give it to this dude.. Here!!
    It really works.. Thanxx a ton dawggg!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 10:50 AM
    Why not just upgrade to 4.5 which is available on the BlackBerry website?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 10:53 AM
    Yes, I did get it working shortly after posting my question. Found the answer on "Apple's" website and not on microsoft.
    1. On the Start menu, click All Programs.
    2. Click Accessories.
    3. Right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator from the shortcut menu.
    4. When the User Account Control dialog appears, click Continue.
    5. At the command prompt type the following:
    regsvr32 vbscript.dll
    6. Press Enter on your keyboard.
    7. A message should appear stating "DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded."
    8. Click OK and try installing Desktop Manager again.

This worked for me, hope it works for you.
    Yeah i had the same problem. For some reason when I first tried to install it installed twice. Now it keeps giving me an error message when I try to uninstall and reinstall. Do you think I should just upgrade? Or do the service pack? I just saw that there was one available.
    Thanks.
    07-07-08 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD