Loaded Blackberry Desktop Software 6.0 (from Blackberry website) onto my PC, running Windows XP, to synch my new Blackberry Curve 3G 9300.

Only synching options for calendar, tasks, notes, contacts was for Yahoo and for Outlook Express. There was no option provided for Microsoft Outlook, which is what I want to synch to.

Any idea why I'm not seeing that option for Microsoft Outlook? Limitations of my Windows XP and the Software 6.0? Am I overlooking some "key click" that would make this available? I completely removed the desktop software from my computer once, and reloaded it ...same result...no Microsoft Outlook synch option.

Thanks for any ideas on this.
    09-29-10 12:16 PM
    I didn't have any problem configuring my Outlook sync with Windows 7, but I did discover that Outlook must be shutdown during configuration or it resulted in an error message.

You mentioned Outlook Express. That was standard on the older versions of Windows including XP. I would guess that is what the new software has determined is closest to compatable.
    09-29-10 02:38 PM
    Do you have Microsoft Outlook installed on your computer?
    09-29-10 02:57 PM
    Loaded Blackberry Desktop Software 6.0 (from Blackberry website) onto my PC, running Windows XP, to synch my new Blackberry Curve 3G 9300.

Only synching options for calendar, tasks, notes, contacts was for Yahoo and for Outlook Express. There was no option provided for Microsoft Outlook, which is what I want to synch to.

Any idea why I'm not seeing that option for Microsoft Outlook? Limitations of my Windows XP and the Software 6.0? Am I overlooking some "key click" that would make this available? I completely removed the desktop software from my computer once, and reloaded it ...same result...no Microsoft Outlook synch option.

Thanks for any ideas on this.
    having the same issue w outlook, on my xp / dm6 syncs all except calendar (says not installed) it syncs task,memo and contacts - ive reconfigured settings, reset the mapping and says the same even with latest dm6 update
    09-29-10 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD