I decided today to upgrade by B.B. 8310 software from V4.2.2.170 to V4.5.0.152. That went good and looks great. But the Desk Manager Software is a different story. Which version should I download ? I tried the 4.7 and got the gray hazy menu problem. Then I tried the 4.5 version without the multi-media and now it doesn't recognize my device.

Which Desk Manager software should I be running and any suggestions to correct these issues?

Thanks !
    03-10-09 03:55 PM
    Less issues with curves on 4.6 DM. I use 4.6 without media manager.

I tried 4.7 and had major issues, since going to 4.6 its been great. I am not sure what your issues is or if 4.6 will even help you but its stable... Have you rebooted your PC recently? Tried a different USB port?
    03-10-09 03:57 PM
    in agreement with Trem,

most people here with recommend 4.6 without MM - for media stuff, just uses drag and drop.

also, as an FYI - 4.7 was made for the Storm, and that is probably why you are having trouble viewing it.
    03-10-09 04:09 PM
    Thanks guys for the great responses ! I installed DM 4.6 without the Media Manager and it works great but how can I move pics from my BB to PC ? I was thinking I would see the BB show as an entry in Windows Explorer and drag and drop but dont see it.
    03-11-09 10:36 AM
    If you have a media card you can enable mass storage mode. Options>media card>mass storage mode support - on and then when you plug in via USB it will be drag and drop. Just treat it as you would another drive. Browse from my computer. If you dont have a media card for now you could email the pics over to the PC.
    03-11-09 10:50 AM
    Tremortality,

I did have media card support set to on. After I set the "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" to "Yes" that fixed it.

Thanks for your help!
    03-11-09 03:16 PM
    Tremortality,

I did have media card support set to on. After I set the "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" to "Yes" that fixed it.

Thanks for your help!
    Roger That!

Glad to hear you got it working. Any other issues post away......
    03-11-09 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD