OK you are about to see 2 pictures... similar icons but something different about them. tell me what you think is wrong with the other and which one is your preferred one
    Designing and bad decisions-img_00000001.png
    Designing and bad decisions-img_20140401_175844.png

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    04-01-14 06:37 PM
    Aside from the obvious lack of a shaded bubble on PB, the PB has only 1 line of icon text, and all icons are "bottom-justified" with a shadow above the icon text.

Was that what you were getting at?
    04-01-14 06:43 PM
    Aside from the obvious lack of a shaded bubble on PB, the PB has only 1 line of icon text, and all icons are "bottom-justified" with a shadow above the icon text.

Was that what you were getting at?
    Yes.. but doesn't the playbook look absolutely gorgeous? Which my point is why did they scratch that in favor of ******** bubble gradients?

04-01-14 07:05 PM
    It's the current flat look that all the OSs are adopting. I must say I prefer a little 3D myself. Wait a few years until tastes swing back again.
    daithiD likes this.
    04-01-14 07:09 PM
    Playbook does look better for sure.

Reg Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    04-01-14 07:11 PM
    Playbook icons are nice and clean. I wish they will use those icons for BB10. I would love to be in the room to hear the reason of the people in charge of making those types of decision. It's as if they purposely want to make the icon look bad. Seriously man, they have those icon available so use them damn it. Everyone complaint of that stupid shadow on BB10 and they don't fix it. I know that 10.3 will get rid of the shadow but blackberry have to really start poking around crackberry forums cause they're lots of excellent suggestions in here

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 07:19 PM
    Playbook icons are nice and clean. I wish they will use those icons for BB10. I would love to be in the room to hear the reason of the people in charge of making those types of decision. It's as if they purposely want to make the icon look bad. Seriously man, they have those icon available so use them damn it. Everyone complaint of that stupid shadow on BB10 and they don't fix it. I know that 10.3 will get rid of the shadow but blackberry have to really start poking around crackberry forums cause they're lots of excellent suggestions in here

Posted via CB10
    My problem exactly... who looked at the playbook and then came up with bb10? Btw I still have a soft spot for the playbook os. It was just all round simpler to use

Bbnivende likes this.
    04-01-14 07:28 PM
    My problem exactly... who looked at the playbook and then came up with bb10? Btw I still have a soft spot for the playbook os. It was just all round simpler to use

Yea and bring the playbook multitasking way to the phone I would love to see sometime of card stack like weOS

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 07:33 PM
    Yea and bring the playbook multitasking way to the phone I would love to see sometime of card stack like weOS

Posted via CB10
    That's mostly all I want. Itd interactivity blows active frames out of the water

04-01-14 07:40 PM
    That's mostly all I want. Itd interactivity blows active frames out of the water

Let us use more layers and less apps

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:05 PM
    I like a icon that works.

Guess my device. "It has keys"
    04-01-14 08:10 PM
    It's the current flat look that all the OSs are adopting. I must say I prefer a little 3D myself. Wait a few years until tastes swing back again.
    Me too. I do like Windows Phone's look but really find iOS 7 and Android's look to be really ugly.

Man, I wish BlackBerry 10 had that app doc that the PlayBook had though...

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:10 PM
    Me too. I do like Windows Phone's look but really find iOS 7 and Android's look to be really ugly.

Man, I wish BlackBerry 10 had that app doc that the PlayBook had though...

Posted via CB10
    You said it. I loved that when I was done swipe them down. And have a clean. Screen. And show off your wallpaper!!!! Not that I don't like the os of bb10

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:40 PM
    You said it. I loved that when I was done swipe them down. And have a clean. Screen. And show off your wallpaper!!!! Not that I don't like the os of bb10

Posted via CB10
    This is a biggie. The clean look

04-01-14 08:49 PM
    I own the playbook and the z10. I agree with the op, design wise, it's a step backward.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:55 PM
    This is a biggie. The clean look

Ya I miss the lay out and look of the PlayBook. I like bb10. But like that I was able to swipe away apps and have a clean looking wallpaper. I think I would like to leave the phone search camera bar. And add a pin able app bar like the PlayBook. Where I could put my most used apps. Then I wouldn't have to go hunting.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 09:48 PM
    OK you are about to see 2 pictures... similar icons but something different about them. tell me what you think is wrong with the other and which one is your preferred one
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000001.png 
Views:	638 
Size:	318.6 KB 
ID:	260095
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140401_175844.png 
Views:	635 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	260096

I was more annoyed about them dropping the quick access icons at the top right corner and the corner gesture to access them from anywhere or any app.

That did not make any sense.

#believeinfilm
    04-02-14 01:58 AM
    I was more annoyed about them dropping the quick access icons at the top right corner and the corner gesture to access them from anywhere or any app.

That did not make any sense.

#believeinfilm
    Honestly I believe they hit the jackpot easily with their playbook design. It doesn't have a quick settings but it settings app can easily be launched and close by a swipe up/down from the home screen. The quick access buttons, blue tooth, battery and brightness, orientation was golden too

04-02-14 09:49 AM
    The screen of the PB is still stunning. What. A. Shame.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 12:06 PM
    The screen of the PB is still stunning. What. A. Shame.

Posted via CB10
    I still use mine and get mad. That's a 3year design right there. It's almost flat color wise and it's perfect with the little shadings. They just absolutely got it right even with the system. It was easy to launch the keyboard, quick setting was differentiable.

04-02-14 12:31 PM
    I still use mine and get mad. That's a 3year design right there. It's almost flat color wise and it's perfect with the little shadings. They just absolutely got it right even with the system. It was easy to launch the keyboard, quick setting was differentiable.

If only they would splice the best of these two with wicked hardware, it would be a beast of a device.

Photos captured using BlackBerry devices - C00016D81
    04-02-14 01:40 PM
    If only they would splice the best of these two with wicked hardware, it would be a beast of a device.

Both the device and os is already a beast imo as it even with lower spec stacks fairly well against the spec giants. The sad part is they have a fairly simpler os with a more aesthetically pleasing interface and they were going to use it, then some bonehead brought up the idea of scratching all that and starting a fresh. The playbook multitasking is far more advanced than active frames. With the pb, you can pause frames or keep it active in background until you switch to another, or keep all active and live. It's awesome

Bbnivende likes this.
    04-02-14 01:48 PM
    Both the device and os is already a beast imo as it even with lower spec stacks fairly well against the spec giants. The sad part is they have a fairly simpler os with a more aesthetically pleasing interface and they were going to use it, then some bonehead brought up the idea of scratching all that and starting a fresh. The playbook multitasking is far more advanced than active frames. With the pb, you can pause frames or keep it active in background until you switch to another, or keep all active and live. It's awesome

Totally agree, why is no one there seeing this?

04-03-14 11:33 AM
    I completely agree with OP on this. Though I never owned PB but the layout, icons look so much clean and gorgeous..
    04-03-14 11:41 AM