So I have an 8130 and I love it! A friend just got the 8330 and went over to show her some tricks. I still think the curve is too big and I didn't like the keypad, but when I just showed her the free games at mobile.blackberry.com she had at least twice as many games to choose from than me! And there were two that I would love to have! So why does RIM show more love for the curve when the pearl is even more consumer oriented?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 10:25 AM
    Never heard of that before. Why would games be different for the Curve and Pearl? As long as the OS is the same it shouldnt matter.
    07-15-08 10:27 AM
    Its simple analysis really, the Curve is 10x more awesome than the Pearl. Like comparing chocolate cake to coconut cake; both of them are cake, but only one of them is delicious.
    Hehe, but to be serious. Its probably because of the difference in screen size, some games are better made to use the bigger screen.
    To balance things out though, the Pearl does have alot more themes available than the Curve.
    07-15-08 11:12 AM
    Pearl is cool.. Had one for two weeks. But when Verizon released the Curve had to have it.. Go for it you'll be happy you did! JK

07-15-08 11:31 AM
    Its simple analysis really, the Curve is 10x more awesome than the Pearl. Like comparing chocolate cake to coconut cake; both of them are cake, but only one of them is delicious.
    Hehe, but to be serious. Its probably because of the difference in screen size, some games are better made to use the bigger screen.
    To balance things out though, the Pearl does have alot more themes available than the Curve.
    yeah I agree with this statement. Its the same with all phones, some games are better on bigger screens, others aren't.

But I can agree, the Curve is better than the pearl, just for the keyboard IMO, because Suretype is kinda annoying IMO. I almost got a Pearl before my Curve and realized I didn't like Suretype, even tho at the end of the day, its the same thing, just with more key strokes.

If you can get a good deal on a Curve, I would HIGHLY suggest you upgrade. Its not as big in the pocket or hand as you would think
    07-15-08 12:00 PM
    I have no problem with SureType. I'm no Websters dictionary so I can't spell worth a lick so SureType actually helps me. I can type lightening fast with my pearl. My brother has the 8830 so ive tried two phones with a full keyboard. I did test the curve in my pocket and it wasn't bad but when I made a test call with it I felt like I was talking on a pop tart. I just got my pearl in March so I'm not due for an upgrade for a while. Besides, maybe Verizon might have the bold by the time I'm due because for as sweet as the phone is I'd be willing to comprimise on the size.
    The bigger screen was nice on the curve, but I did NOT like the keypad how each letter was raised up and separate. Made it harder to type. On my pearl my fingers just slide to the next button.

07-16-08 10:15 AM
    Ick coconut cake...
    07-16-08 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD