BayouBengal your post makes you sound like the 14 year old. I don't care if you're for or against RIM, Android or Apple. At least put in some info on why you think something is a toy or why it's better.

If you're just gonna make fun of something without backing it up with reasons go post on the kids forum or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 12:41 AM
    BayouBengal. You do realise posting that makes you sound like 14 months old. "Go get a toy". They should be allowed to use what phone they want. As was told to me, don't let people dictate what phone you use. If you enjoy using BlackBerry, then great. However Android users here were former BB users and want to stick around and offer their help, and they want RIM to produce some better devices so they can come back. I use BlackBerry and love using it, but as much as I joke around with my iPhone friends, I accept that it suits them better than BB does. Great, we're all happy there.
    01-17-11 07:30 AM
    Ummm I am not being over dramatic, I'm just stating the truth. If I buy a phone, I don't want to have to carry a spare battery around like some loser. No I don't fret over PC security, but android has just gone too far with what they can access from you... I hate having to charge my phone twice a day for just normal usage so Blackberry is the way for me.
    The battery argument is ridiculous. My Tour had trouble running as long on a charge as my Droid 2 is for similar usage. Neither makes it a full day plus recreation time after. Charge it at lunchtime, get a spare battery or suck it up and don't use it as much.

As to the claim about data usage, in the past 7 days mine has used approximately 270mb, and that's with me using it heavily for full HTML/flash web pages, etc. If someone is experiencing that level of data use without using the web or whatever I think I'm either going to have to throw the "bs" flag, or ask what all is installed that you forgot to shut off when setting everything not to sync.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 01-17-11 at 08:48 AM.
    01-17-11 08:46 AM
    Got both a bold and an incredible and if I had to choose I would go with android simply because its got a bigger screen and faster web. Both have their strengths and weaknesses and I don't think there is a demise of RIM, there will always be blackberry faithful.

Since you have a BB and Android to compare and make good comments towards one or the other as opposed to many of us that only have a BB I have to say that if you are saying that you would choose your Andriod over a BB only because of more real estate and a faster web experience then I cannot buy into your comment you made.

There are far more reasons and more serious ones that people here are upset with RIM about and the devices they have already named for 2011 and that excludes the Playbook why peoplewant to jump platforms and devices.

If that is your only reason for Android that you named then as i said I just can't accept that for the only reasons about peoples feelings here toward RIM.
    01-17-11 01:06 PM
    The funny thing is rim isn't going anywhere. I've searched all weekend for q4 sales reports. As unclear as they are right what they all agree on is in nov. Rim reported 14.2 million units sold and in jan.2011 apple reported 14.1. To me it doesn't show 3im declining it shows apple boosting. Droid of course is still in 3rd. I think what the reports are showing is that the cell phones are loosing ground to the smart phone. Q4 was a better q for apple cause the i4 had been out long enough to be main stream. The Torch comeing out in the late of q3 just hindered their q4. What we want to watch is the next 2 qs.

01-17-11 01:34 PM
    we havent finished quarter 4 yet so you might want to rethink your post.
    01-17-11 01:48 PM
    I am hooping that QNX will revive RIM. Hopefully it will not be too little too late.
    01-17-11 06:38 PM
    Hopefully indeed

01-17-11 10:09 PM
    I think he's basing his quarters on Calendar year, not fiscal year.
    01-17-11 10:26 PM
    RIM has had growth over the last 5 or 6 consecutive quarters. 92% of it's growth is coming from countries outside of North America. Analysts have a target price of between $70 and $95 for RIM stock.

Just becuase RIM isn't doing what you want it too in a specific market doesn't mean their empire is collapsing. RIM is focusing on penetration and growth in developing economies. North America is crowded and it requires a lot of energy to maintain competitive here. RIM is happy to let others fight it out while it takes a back seat and focuses on it's core enterprise customer base and easy growth in developing economies.
    01-17-11 10:33 PM
    I thonk you need to reread my post. I said rim reported in nov and apple reported in jan about q4 sales. I never said q4 was over. I also said that was info I found researching w4 sales. I'm just passing on info as it lays. Its crazy to think rim is going anywhere.

iMoose likes this.
    01-17-11 11:28 PM
    Yeah, I can't view the Android forums on my BlackBerry browser! I thought that was funny. I like all the discussion here. Most of us are here because smart phones are a hobby and interest for us. Yes, they're tools. But we also get excited when new ones are released with updated or new features. That's why all the talk about iPhone and Androids. It's nothing to get defensive or upset about. All smart phone news/talk is interesting.

That is kinda funny lol
    01-17-11 11:41 PM
187 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD