When I reply to an email and quote the original text, it seems the whole quoted block cannot be edited - any way to cut out certain bits etc?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 04:15 AM
    Copy & Paste are your friend....

You would need to copy the text you want to quote before you reply, start your reply,then delete the original message and paste in the part you want to keep.
    02-12-09 07:12 AM
    Copy & Paste are your friend....

You would need to copy the text you want to quote before you reply,
    You could also delete any part you don't want in the quote once you have the reply screen up... that's what I just did and it worked fine.
    02-12-09 07:48 AM
    You should be able to scroll down to the section you want to remove and delete. Just move the cursor down and start deleting.
    02-12-09 07:50 AM
    You should be able to scroll down to the section you want to remove and delete. Just move the cursor down and start deleting.
    Quoted text in an email cannot be edited, at least on my Curve. However, a workaround is to copy the quoted text > MenuKey > Delete Original Text > paste the contents of the clipboard into the message. Now you have editable text, although the original message header cannot be copied.

02-12-09 08:13 AM
    Quoted text in an email cannot be edited, at least on my Curve. However, a workaround is to copy the quoted text > MenuKey > Delete Original Text > paste the contents of the clipboard into the message. Now you have editable text, although the original message header cannot be copied.

Strange I've never had that problem on the bbs I have had.
    02-12-09 08:14 AM
    Strange I've never had that problem on the bbs I have had.
    Ditto. I edit quoted text on my Curve all the time. No problems.
    02-12-09 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD