hi,
    is there a way to recover deleted text message from our BB's?
    I deleted some SMS and now I want them back.
    please help.
    thanks.
    05-10-09 07:58 PM
    unless you had backed up your BB, and have the back up handy to reload, then you will not be able to recover them.
    05-10-09 07:59 PM
    Nope. Once you delete it, it goes to deleted texts and e-mail planet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 07:59 PM
    R.I.P. Deleted text messages, we will see you when we get there :*(
    05-10-09 08:00 PM
    hi,
    is there a way to recover deleted text message from our BB's?
    I deleted some SMS and now I want them back.
    please help.
    thanks.
    An option for the future would be to use a free Skydeck account and set it to auto sync, so it can backup your text messages an contacts. This way you will "noramally" always have a copy of all your SMS messages to and from your Blackberry, as long as the app is running in the background. It will not backup anything if you turn it off. So any text sent while it is not running, will not be backedup.

Skydeck | Text Messaging, Online Calling, Voicemail to text, Cell Phone History, Contact Backup
    05-10-09 09:32 PM
    An option for the future would be to use a free Skydeck account and set it to auto sync, so it can backup your text messages an contacts. This way you will "noramally" always have a copy of all your SMS messages to and from your Blackberry, as long as the app is running in the background. It will not backup anything if you turn it off. So any text sent while it is not running, will not be backedup.

Skydeck | Text Messaging, Online Calling, Voicemail to text, Cell Phone History, Contact Backup
    My question regarding backed up messages - is it possible with Skydeck to restore a specific message or will they all restore at one time?
    05-10-09 09:35 PM
    It backs up txt on the fly and if you delete a text from your phone, you can "FORWARD" it back to your phone or an email address. As far as I know there is not a Restore feature (back to the phone) per se.
    05-10-09 10:22 PM
    It backs up txt on the fly and if you delete a text from your phone, you can "FORWARD" it back to your phone or an email address. As far as I know there is not a Restore feature (back to the phone) per se.
    this is good to know bear
    thanks for the info
    I thought with a normal backup - restore will replace the txt
    05-10-09 10:26 PM
    thanks for the info
    it will. Bear is talking about back up on the fly.

if you have it set up to, DM will automatically back up ur txts.
    05-10-09 10:34 PM
    it will. Bear is talking about back up on the fly.

if you have it set up to, DM will automatically back up ur txts.
    oh yea i know ...
    i just didnt know about the other app
    witch is pretty neat
    a back up is how i restore anything i want back
    05-10-09 11:01 PM
    Thanks Bear; but I'm not sure I quite understand the difference between a back up on the fly and a normal backup- they both back up correct? Does on the fly mean it's backing up each text individually?
    05-10-09 11:12 PM
    Thanks Bear; but I'm not sure I quite understand the difference between a back up on the fly and a normal backup- they both back up correct? Does on the fly mean it's backing up each text individually?
    lex i think its backing up all the time and while you useing your berry
    05-10-09 11:18 PM
    thanks for the info
    I think if you do a "normal backup" yes then if you delete things like text messages, (as long as they were part of the last backup), you can restore them.

The nice thing about the Skydeck option, is that it syncs on the fly (unless you tell it not to) and then you can still sync it manually.

But like backups, using Desktop Manager, if you do not do them automatically or manually before you delete a text you may want to have saved, it's lost forever.
    05-10-09 11:31 PM
    I think if you do a "normal backup" yes then if you delete things like text messages, (as long as they were part of the last backup), you can restore them.

The nice thing about the Skydeck option, is that it syncs on the fly (unless you tell it not to) and then you can still sync it manually.

But like backups, using Desktop Manager, if you do not do them automatically or manually before you delete a text you may want to have saved, it's lost forever.
    thats cool thanks for the intel
    and one thing I will like to know ...does it use alot of memory and/or slow ya berry down
    05-10-09 11:37 PM
    Thanks again Bear & Bx.
    05-10-09 11:51 PM
    Thanks again Bear & Bx.
    not a problem ....
    but the real thanks should go out to bear ....hahaha
    05-10-09 11:52 PM
    not a problem ....
    but the real thanks should go out to bear ....hahaha
    You both provided good information.
    05-11-09 12:19 AM
    well thats what were here for