Hi All,

How do people manage their deleted messages? Does anyone have a folder titled "deleted messages"? I know I don't. Once I delete them they're gone unless I have saved them before I deleted them. Sometimes you need to refer to a deleted message. Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance
    04-28-07 09:49 PM
    Hmm... I never go looking for a deleted message, but I could see how that could be an issue.
    04-28-07 10:44 PM
    Thanks, Kasper.

Anyone else come across this?
    04-29-07 02:13 PM
    If it is a message that I may need further down the road, I will save it before I delete it. Otherwise, they all vanish into thin air
    04-29-07 02:32 PM
    Thanks, wxboss. Easy and good solution. Of course sometimes I delete messages because I don't need them and then they are gone to the wind and then EEKS - I realize I needed them. That would probably go under the category of "too late"

If it is a message that I may need further down the road, I will save it before I delete it. Otherwise, they all vanish into thin air
    04-29-07 02:37 PM
    Surely if you save it and delete it, you might as well not delete it in the first place?

04-29-07 03:51 PM
    I have a deleted folder, and am sure that's because am on BES. But, whenever I delete something, it's never in there anyway...

But, it is in my Outlook (work, Exchange)...
    04-29-07 08:33 PM
    Surely if you save it and delete it, you might as well not delete it in the first place?

You just have to keep me on my toes

Actually, (and I could be wrong here) when you save a message, it goes into the 'Saved' folder. So, I believe, if you save it and keep it in your Inbox, you actually have duplicate messages except in different folders.

I normally go into my Inbox and do the ol' Delete Prior once a week. I'll save any important messages before deleting all the others.

I don't know if that makes sense, but that's how my brain works (or doesn't)
    04-29-07 09:34 PM
    Well...my brain must work the same way. That's what I do. See a message I want to save - it goes into my saved folder - then I delete it so there won't be duplicates. So saving and deleting actually makes perfect sense. To me, anway....

I get it, wxboss

You just have to keep me on my toes

Actually, (and I could be wrong here) when you save a message, it goes into the 'Saved' folder. So, I believe, if you save it and keep it in your Inbox, you actually have duplicate messages except in different folders.

I normally go into my Inbox and do the ol' Delete Prior once a week. I'll save any important messages before deleting all the others.

I don't know if that makes sense, but that's how my brain works (or doesn't)
    04-29-07 10:41 PM
    Dont get me wrong - i am not saying anyones way is the wrong way but this is how i see it....

You only place the email in saved messages so you can basically do a delete prior. Because otherwise there is no point saving a duplicate and tyhen deleting the original. You are effectively moving it from one place to another?

But i will let you into a secret - I just realised i do the same!
    04-30-07 02:53 AM
    Let me ask this, does anyone's BlackBerry ever get full? If not, why are people even bothering to delete emails?

I guess since am on BES & BIS, I don't worry about my BES emails. I know when I delete them in Outlook it clears it from the BlackBerry; probably why I've never worried about it...
    04-30-07 06:10 AM
    Dont get me wrong - i am not saying anyones way is the wrong way but this is how i see it....

You only place the email in saved messages so you can basically do a delete prior. Because otherwise there is no point saving a duplicate and tyhen deleting the original. You are effectively moving it from one place to another?

I see what you're saying and after thinking about it, it does seem kind of redundant to do it the way. The way you mentioned actually makes more sense and requires less effort - it's a perfect example of the old saying, "work smarter, not harder." . It's one of those things that I do without ever really thinking about it because that is the way I've always done it. Your suggestion sounds better and makes more sense.
    04-30-07 09:35 AM
    No problem at all, tmag. I didn't think you were saying anyone's way was wrong - just presenting your way - no biggie!
    Funny....you do the same thing.

04-30-07 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD