so, my boyfriend and I have been very rocky over the past few weeks and last night I sent him a message to officially end things (i know, lame but he we havent spoken all week and he was ignoring me). anyways I said a few things that I really wanted him to know. however, before he read it I deleted him as a contact. I know that once i delete him my contact is removed from his list but what about the conversation? would he have been able to read it even though i deleted him?
    04-30-10 03:51 PM
    Yes, he can still read what you sent.
    04-30-10 04:02 PM
    If he hadn't opened the conversation before you deleted him, then no he didn't see
    it. When you delete a contact the conversation is deleted on both ends.
    04-30-10 04:11 PM
    What kind of transmission medium did you use? SMS? BBM?
    04-30-10 04:53 PM
    What kind of transmission medium did you use? SMS? BBM?
    considering shes talking about "deleting off the list", im sure shes talking about BBM.

i was under the impression that conversations would still be open on both ends and it will be available for him to read. after you delete him, if he tries to reply to your still open message, it should give him an error and ask if he wants to reinvite you as a contact.
    04-30-10 08:39 PM
    Actually that happens sometimes with BBM5. When someone deletes you as a contact sometimes it doesn't delete on the other end as it should. This occurs from time to time and possibly happened in this case.
    05-01-10 12:38 PM
    Actually that happens sometimes with BBM5. When someone deletes you as a contact sometimes it doesn't delete on the other end as it should. This occurs from time to time and possibly happened in this case.
    i think if no current conversation is present, it will delete the contact off both lists as it should. however, if there is an open convo, it will do as i said.
    05-01-10 03:08 PM
    Thanks!! got my answer, he was not able to recieve them since I deleted him
    05-03-10 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD