Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Delete files off memory card

Im sure Im not the first person to ask this but I searched and couldn't find an answer so Im gonna ask again. Is there anyway to delete files off a memory card from within the blackberry itself, maybe Im missing something but there doesn't seem to be a file explorer like application. I know music etc can be deleted through the Media Player but what about stuff you saved under "Documents" and stuff like that, there's got to be a solution for this glaring omission. Any input???

Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

There's a free program out there called "Mobile File Manager" that is FREE. I used it on my Pearl 8120 (4.3) but, it wont work on my Flip 8220 (4.6).

It's a cheap version of Windows Explorer but, it worked fine for me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerryBob View Post
    There's a free program out there called "Mobile File Manager" that is FREE. I used it on my Pearl 8120 (4.3) but, it wont work on my Flip 8220 (4.6).

It's a cheap version of Windows Explorer but, it worked fine for me.
    Thanks for the info, any links? I searched and found one online but it says 30 day trial so Im assuming thats not the one you meant.
    Retired Moderator

There are several way to do that, the simplest is to use Windows File Manager when it is connected to the USB port.

If that choice is not available, use Media / Explore. That is BlackBerry built in file manager.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Reed McLay View Post
    There are several way to do that, the simplest is to use Windows File Manager when it is connected to the USB port.

If that choice is not available, use Media / Explore. That is BlackBerry built in file manager.
    That's exactly how I do it on my Pearl
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Ok, I see it now, I figured I was probably missing something, it does what I needed. Thanks again for the help.
    CrackBerry User

Like Reed said, go into media -> explore -> memory card -> till you get to your docs folder and you can delete from there.

I know its weird going into media to access text docs or pdfs but that's just the way it works. At least you don't have to buy anything though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    UP

This is why I love this community! Learning from lurking!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com