I have (5) different email accounts on my BB. I would like to be able to delete email from the main "messages" folder, but keep them on the BB in their individual account folders.
    Currently, the options I have are to delete on mailbox & handheld or delete on handheld.
    Any way to do what I want? Thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 11:17 AM
    I have (5) different email accounts on my BB. I would like to be able to delete email from the main "messages" folder, but keep them on the BB in their individual account folders.
    Currently, the options I have are to delete on mailbox & handheld or delete on handheld.
    Any way to do what I want? Thank you.

The main message folder is simply a folder that shows all your messages into that folder for people who want to view all at one time. It is not actually a folder with an additional copy of the message. So when you delete the message in that folder or from the individual account folder, it will also remove from the other folder. Sorry you cannot do that. How about you just hide the "Messages" folder so you can view them individually.

The options above "delete on mailbox.....", just mean when you delete a message on the device, do you also want it deleted from your actual email account.
    08-26-08 11:26 AM
    Yeah what he said

You could also take your important messages that you don't want to lose from your BB and hit "Save" in the message menu to put it in the Save folder where they won't get deleted.
    08-26-08 11:59 AM
    Is there anyway to delete all messages (emails and SMS) without deleting each one individually?
    08-28-08 08:15 PM
    Go to the day you want to delete from then options delete prior.

08-28-08 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD