Greeting folks. I'm new to Blackberry, my 9700 is still in the mail and will hopefully arrive tomorrow. One thing I've come across in the forums is the term "Service Books". What exactly does this term mean and how does it apply to Blackberries? Also, are there any other Blackberry specific terms out there that someone new to the BB should be aware of or would find helpful?
    01-18-10 09:12 PM
    Service Books are used to control how things work between your provider and RIM. I'm not 100% sure how to explain it. Your carrier send them to your device, or you have them pushed yourself, and it controls how your data services work. Sometimes when data is not working right you can resend your service books to fix it.
    01-18-10 09:38 PM
    Check out the BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series ! This will help you with the basics such as downloading apps, themes, wallpaper, ringtones. It's also a good idea to browse the forums and read as much as possible. Many questions you have are answered there already!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 04:45 AM
    Check out the BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series ! This will help you with the basics such as downloading apps, themes, wallpaper, ringtones. It's also a good idea to browse the forums and read as much as possible. Many questions you have are answered there already!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1.the 101 lecture series and the forums will turn you into a poweruser in no time. this is the BEST BB site.
    01-19-10 10:12 AM
    The 101 lecture series was great, couldn't find no definition of what service books were in that series and was just wondering if there was other blackberry specific terminology that may be helpful. Thank you for the replies, hoping to have the phone today
    01-19-10 12:12 PM
    Wow first 2 responses are from Mods. Luck you
    01-19-10 12:28 PM
    Here are a few. Not all inclusive but a good start:

BlackBerry Acronyms & Abbreviations: Part 1
    01-19-10 12:56 PM
    Here is another source:

BlackBerry Glossary - BlackBerryFAQ
    01-19-10 01:07 PM
    Wow, thanks a bunch!!!
    01-19-10 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD