Dear USA Carriers,

If you aren't going to deliver updates issued from BlackBerry through a "global rollout" within 1.5 weeks of the Canadian release, then I will not wait. I have a Rogers and TELUS SIM card and I'm not afraid to use them. I'm also not afraid to spread this knowledge and assist others in doing so.

Why should you care? Well, you can either speed up the process of approving updates, or more and more of your subscribers will be using unapproved firmware versions on your network. Since you supposedly go through all this trouble approving firmware, you therefore should logically care if a considerable number of your subscribers are going to use unapproved versions.

By the way, there ought to be even more individuals using autoloaders to install leaked, sometimes completely carrier-untested versions on their phones. You won't ever be able to stop people from doing this, as some do it for testing and experimenting purposes, but you can surely significantly reduce the number of folks doing it because many do it purely out of frustration with waiting for you to finally push the official update.

Sincerely,
    -STV

Note: No need to respond to this thread. Please don't respond with "this isn't likely at all to make a difference" remarks because I'm already aware of that. Thanks.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 TMO US
    02-17-14 07:53 PM
    Well the only issue is that people may upgrade and have some issue and call or goto their carrier and the carrier may refuse to give them support because they are on an unauthorized OS. This will in turn make people angry then blame BlackBerry for the whole thing and spread misinformation and BS about the device when it may well be a hardware problem. I had a phone that Verizon refused to replace because it was on 10.2.1 OS back before they released 10.2. The sim refused to activate on any carrier. On docomo it would give me issues saying the card isn't provisioned for the network. And on Verizon it would hang at activating sim card. I had to reflash the os back to Verizon's version proving it was the phone and not the OS to get it exchanged

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 08:00 PM
    Well the only issue is that people may upgrade and have some issue and call or goto their carrier and the carrier may refuse to give them support because they are on an unauthorized OS. This will in turn make people angry then blame BlackBerry for the whole thing and spread misinformation and BS about the device when it may well be a hardware problem. I had a phone that Verizon refused to replace because it was on 10.2.1 OS back before they released 10.2. The sim refused to activate on any carrier. On docomo it would give me issues saying the card isn't provisioned for the network. And on Verizon it would hang at activating sim card. I had to reflash the os back to Verizon's version proving it was the phone and not the OS to get it exchanged

Posted via CB10
    This potential problem is solvable by user education.

To everyone: Know that if you need support from your carrier to the level of inquiring about a repair or replacement, you must first reload the original OS on the phone. Plenty of stuff on here about how to do that.

Also, don't ever admit you changed firmware to a rep--be they clueless or intelligent, because it may not be pertinent to your issue.

02-17-14 08:11 PM
    Well the only issue is that people may upgrade and have some issue and call or goto their carrier
    Or, alternatively, they will see a significant increase in support-related calls, and realize they need to do something, such as lighting a fire under their fudge-slots and pushing an official update.

That might be wishful thinking, though.

gravymonster likes this.
    02-17-14 08:13 PM
    I keep it simple....and say....

Dear USA carriers, go f*ck yourselves.

Posted via CB10
    Saulii likes this.
    02-17-14 09:41 PM
    That really sucks that the U.S carriers are draggin their heels on this. You would think that Chen would correct this issue immediately

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    02-17-14 09:45 PM
    That really sucks that the U.S carriers are draggin their heels on this. You would think that Chen would correct this issue immediately

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    Dont think chen can do much about it. The US carriers seem hell bent on killing BlackBerry in the US. So are the US app developers and the US media.

But the US Government agencies seems to be supporting them.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    02-18-14 02:51 AM
    T-Mobile's "uncarrier approach" sure is nice...except for BlackBerry users...

Then it literally means uncarrier.

02-18-14 04:29 AM
    While I appreciate your enthusiasm and share in your loathing of US carriers - I'm pretty sure they don't care.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, JeepBB and garnok like this.
    02-18-14 04:30 AM
    Dont think chen can do much about it. The US carriers seem hell bent on killing BlackBerry in the US. So are the US app developers and the US media.

But the US Government agencies seems to be supporting them.

Come on man stop trying to blame everyone else. Bbry duffed the launch of a mediocre product and then stiffed the carriers by putting the company up for sale.
    Chen's then announced they were going enterprise. It's going to take a lot of work to convince carriers that bbry are still a serious player and repair the damage done in the last year.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    kbz1960, JeepBB and bbq10l like this.
    02-18-14 04:39 AM
    Come on man stop trying to blame everyone else. Bbry duffed the launch of a mediocre product and then stiffed the carriers by putting the company up for sale.
    Chen's then announced they were going enterprise. It's going to take a lot of work to convince carriers that bbry are still a serious player and repair the damage done in the last year.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Its bad in most places but only in america its that bad mate. No where else in the world has BlackBerry market share dropped below 1%. But the sad thing is america is one of the most important markets.

How come google's snooping activities dont get bashed by the media? Or apple's failure to gain market share?

02-18-14 05:54 AM
    USA Carriers don't give a **** about BB. I used to think it was just nonsense coming from Crackberry members but I've seen it first hand when I went and bought another Z10 recently. There was only one store in a 100 mile radius that had one (literally one) and the sales rep really did try to talk me out of buying it. When I asked him why he didn't want me to purchase the Z10 he said it was because if a very high return rate and that BB was not going to be selling to consumers much longer. It really was concerning to see how much disdain he had for the brand and offered me everything but a BB.
    02-18-14 07:15 AM
    I'm on AT&T and impatiently waiting for the 10.2.1 update, but I may try the Sachesi method that was posted earlier in this thread.

At Christmas time I went into a local Verizon store to see a pet memorial tree for which I had purchased an ornament. I figured I'd check out a Z30 while I was there. Right inside the door the Z10 was on display, which was nice to see. A salesman came over to me and I asked to see a BlackBerry Z30, but they didn't have one on display.

A salesman then came over to me and when I asked about the Z30 the first thing that came out if his mouth was "You don't want that. BlackBerry is gonna be gone soon.". << WTF??>>

I then told him how happy I am with my Z10 and how it is by far the best phone that I have owned. I also threw in how I pay less at AT&T because they still offer a la carte phone plans and how I can get 1GB more data per month at AT&T for $15 less than Verizon charges. I was so pi$$ed.

...and we wonder why there is so little carrier support for BlackBerry here in the US. SMH.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 08:36 AM
    USA Carriers don't give a **** about BB. I used to think it was just nonsense coming from Crackberry members but I've seen it first hand when I went and bought another Z10 recently. There was only one store in a 100 mile radius that had one (literally one) and the sales rep really did try to talk me out of buying it. When I asked him why he didn't want me to purchase the Z10 he said it was because if a very high return rate and that BB was not going to be selling to consumers much longer. It really was concerning to see how much disdain he had for the brand and offered me everything but a BB.
    To add to this, it is the misinformation that the reps are giving out to uneducated users that bother me. They told my friend that BlackBerry is bankrupted and that the iPhone had more features. The rep did not take the time to find out what her needs were. DLNA, NFC, removable battery, expandable memory... A rep should assist in finding a product that meets a customer's needs and help educate them. Not vice versa. It would be fairer if the reps would do a side by side comparison of the phones . The easier approach seems to be to push IOS and Samsung.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    02-18-14 09:17 AM
    Its bad in most places but only in america its that bad mate. No where else in the world has BlackBerry market share dropped below 1%.But the sad thing is america is one of the most important markets.

How come google's snooping activities dont get bashed by the media? Or apple's failure to gain market share?

correction not only in the US Blackberry drop their marketshare below 1%..

in germany, spain,australia, china, japan, south korea, india and several other countries BB marketshare below 1%,

in the end BB marketshare worldwide are around 0.6% according to latest IDC report

source :
    http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS24676414

http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/26/kan...real-pressure/
    Last edited by garnok; 02-18-14 at 10:57 AM.
    02-18-14 10:36 AM
    correction not only in the US Blackberry drop their marketshare below 1%..

in germany, spain,australia, china, japan, south korea, india and several other countries BB marketshare below 1%,

in the end BB marketshare worldwide are around 0.6% according to latest IDC report

source :
    http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS24676414

http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/26/kan...real-pressure/
    Nope you are wrong. I was taking about current worldwide market share not "shipments". Shipments mean what was sold. It a measure for growth. BlackBerry has negative growth yes but they still have many users.

The idc figues is for what has shipped for that quarter only. It doesnt take existing owners into account.

This is to be expected because BlackBerry has a very bad quarter last time.

Again the tech crunch article shows what has been purchased in Q4 and does take current users into consideration.

Meaning there are more users of BlackBerry 10 but not many NEW customers or growth.

And there are 10s of millions of legacy BBOS customers still and I bet you still see th

02-18-14 12:59 PM
    Nope you are wrong. I was taking about current worldwide market share not "shipments". Shipments mean what was sold. It a measure for growth. BlackBerry has negative growth yes but they still have many users.

The idc figues is for what has shipped for that quarter only. It doesnt take existing owners into account.

This is to be expected because BlackBerry has a very bad quarter last time.

Again the tech crunch article shows what has been purchased in Q4 and does take current users into consideration.

Meaning there are more users of BlackBerry 10 but not many NEW customers or growth.

And there are 10s of millions of legacy BBOS customers still and I bet you still see th

and you are wrong...

existing owner is userbase...not marketshare. marketshare counts new sales/shipment numbers in time period (months, quarters, years).

if we count userbase..in the US BB still being used by 3% total US smartphone users, BB number still not hitting below 1%
    Last edited by garnok; 02-18-14 at 06:26 PM.
    02-18-14 06:09 PM
    02-18-14 09:23 PM