Dear Sammy,...Uh, I meant Samsung, since you want to take pot-shots at our beloved Blackberry devices during one of your recent ads, please be informed that it will be a cold day in **** before I for one ever purchase any man made item with a "SAMSUNG" on it. Apparently, you do not understand die-hard owners of Blackberry devices and have picked the wrong device to hate! So, go ahead and kick the wounded dog while it's down,...and know that it will soon be coming off the porch to take a bite out of your ***. Also, please know this, should RIM go down for the count, of which I don't believe will happen,...I will never,...ever,..ever never own any thing made by Samsung.

Coming to a theater near you,...Blackberry 10!...believe that Sammy,...believe it...
    eddy_berry, robkd, bb624 and 2 others like this.
    01-22-13 09:59 AM
    Do.......do you really not understand what's happening here? You honestly think Samsung is "kicking RIM while they're down?" Nope, not at all. Think about it for just a sec. Remember their ad that made fun of iPhone users standing in line waiting for the new iPhone? They were taking a jab at a competitor. The fact that they've singled out BlackBerry so close to BB10 launch shows that Samsung is taking BlackBerry and the BB10 experience very, very seriously. IMHO, the fact that the top Android manufacturer recognizes the threat of BB10 is a pretty dang good sign that BB10 is about to shake things up.
    01-22-13 10:32 AM
    Yes,...I'm aware of what Sammy is doing. But! I reserve the right to say what I stated in support of the Crackberry / RIMPIRE!
    01-22-13 11:56 AM
    This is the response that I posted on youtube in response to someone posting that RIM was dead in the comments section...I think it is also relevant here.

If RIM is dead then why does Samsung need to create an advertisement bashing RIM? And why spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for a prime advertisement spot during the NFC Championship game? Obviously they perceive the new BB10 as a threat to them or they would not have created such an ad in the first place. So by placing the add, Samsung is acknowledging that RIM is alive and well.
    01-22-13 12:05 PM
    I love my Samsung TV and will be sticking with them next time I upgrade. I think it's a little ridiculous to boycott a company because they made an advertisement about a competitor, some of you need to chill with your BB loyalty, at the end of the day it's a phone.
    jakie55, mu4e and EsJayDee like this.
    01-22-13 12:13 PM
    This is the response that I posted on youtube in response to someone posting that RIM was dead in the comments section...I think it is also relevant here.

If RIM is dead then why does Samsung need to create an advertisement bashing RIM? And why spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for a prime advertisement spot during the NFC Championship game? Obviously they perceive the new BB10 as a threat to them or they would not have created such an ad in the first place. So by placing the add, Samsung is acknowledging that RIM is alive and well.
    Agreed but the normal teen consumer that listens to the media doesn't know a thing about the market or a thing about the business side of things they can't see something coming at them until it hits them square in the face. It's really a shame that people have no sort of perception of anything around them
    01-22-13 12:34 PM
    I love my Samsung TV and will be sticking with them next time I upgrade. I think it's a little ridiculous to boycott a company because they made an advertisement about a competitor, some of you need to chill with your BB loyalty, at the end of the day it's a phone.
    Good Luck with that TV...liked my 50 " samsung tv alot.... until the day the screen was covered in black and white stripes....approx. 10 days after the warranty expired. Absoutely no customer support at all. Enjoying my panasonic 50" now.
    01-22-13 12:37 PM
    Good Luck with that TV...liked my 50 " samsung tv alot.... until the day the screen was covered in black and white stripes....approx. 10 days after the warranty expired. Absoutely no customer support at all. Enjoying my panasonic 50" now.
    This!
    Every Sammy product I've owned was junk.
    DVD player - lasted 2 years
    52" TV - 4 years, dead
    27" TV - 3 years, dead
    no more for me.
    01-22-13 12:48 PM
    Buy a sharp aquos. Mine is 6 years old and still out performs tvs that are on the market today. The quatrons have only gotten better
    01-22-13 01:10 PM
    br3wnor, I didn't say a word about "boycotting" anyone,...I just said that I wouldn't buy any thing with the Samsung label on it,...should RIM fails,....of which I doubt will happen. I should note that I do not currently own anything made by Samsung.
    01-22-13 01:32 PM
    br3wnor, I didn't say a word about "boycotting" anyone,...I just said that I wouldn't buy any thing with the Samsung label on it,...should RIM fails,....of which I doubt will happen. I should note that I do not currently own anything made by Samsung.
    Sorry but that's boycotting
    01-22-13 01:47 PM
    You might. You do realize they make chipsets, displays, countless other internals...
    jakie55 and louzer like this.
    01-22-13 02:47 PM
    Do.......do you really not understand what's happening here? You honestly think Samsung is "kicking RIM while they're down?" Nope, not at all. Think about it for just a sec. Remember their ad that made fun of iPhone users standing in line waiting for the new iPhone? They were taking a jab at a competitor. The fact that they've singled out BlackBerry so close to BB10 launch shows that Samsung is taking BlackBerry and the BB10 experience very, very seriously. IMHO, the fact that the top Android manufacturer recognizes the threat of BB10 is a pretty dang good sign that BB10 is about to shake things up.
    I couldn't agree more. After all, Samsung has yet to launch a campaign against WP8! I think it says something positive about perception of BB as a true competitor.
    jakie55 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    01-22-13 02:53 PM
    This is being blown out of proportion. I'm not a fan of Samsung, but it's not like they're the only company to launch these kind of commercials. Just look at Ford, Apple, Wendys, etc... The whole point of a commercial is to sell your company image or product, and you can do it either by raising your product, and or putting down a competitor's.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-22-13 02:54 PM
    Dear Sammy,...Uh, I meant Samsung, since you want to take pot-shots at our beloved Blackberry devices during one of your recent ads, please be informed that it will be a cold day in **** before I for one ever purchase any man made item with a "SAMSUNG" on it. Apparently, you do not understand die-hard owners of Blackberry devices and have picked the wrong device to hate! So, go ahead and kick the wounded dog while it's down,...and know that it will soon be coming off the porch to take a bite out of your ***. Also, please know this, should RIM go down for the count, of which I don't believe will happen,...I will never,...ever,..ever never own any thing made by Samsung.

Coming to a theater near you,...Blackberry 10!...believe that Sammy,...believe it...
    dear you....pick up some tissues after the wahbulance drops you off. Sammy did RIM a favor, yes they want customers to think that RIMs new phones are same old, but they just ADVERTISED for BLACKBERRY.....something Blackberry doesn't even do. They literally made a commercial taking on the security that is RIM...they didn't even make fun of it, they pointed out a lot of blatant truths.

Yes they didn't show BB7....why would they, but they acknowledged RIM....which is great, and their commercials are still way to long. But maybe RIM will counter in 6 months, and release 8 phones. curve, torch, storm bold. Then, the BIG Storm, Torch and Bold (Galaxy Note 2 size) to compete for screen size real estate. That seems to be Sammys biggest thing, screen resolution and size...but there isn't much bigger or clearer you can get, so RIM has plenty of time to sit back and catch up, similar to how Apple caught up to RIM and Sammy caught up to RIM......
    01-22-13 02:55 PM
    Lol Op, Sammy maybe making BB devices down the road if what our RIM CEO said recently holds true !!
    01-22-13 03:16 PM
    Not sure why all the hate. My Samsung 40" has lasted a solid 6 years and its still going strong... Of course if BB makes a TV I might get down
    01-22-13 03:18 PM
    Well said!

The easiest way to prove your point is with one question: Why now? Obviously, they have noticed that this isn't the Blackberry of old (as great as the current offering is for my needs).

If BB10 and its hardware is as good as most of us want it to be, this will become a very frequent and equally more entertaining event. Like the Pepsi/Coke commercials or Ford/Chevy truck commercials. It may be best to just thicken ones skin and laugh at the sillyness than to refuse to purchase a Sammy's goods. At least until RIMM starts making other consumer electronics, because it seems just about every other consumer electronics manufacturer is making a phone.
    01-22-13 03:50 PM
    Not sure why all the hate. My Samsung 40" has lasted a solid 6 years and its still going strong... Of course if BB makes a TV I might get down
    You should like at all the components in your Samsung. The majority of parts Re not theirs. Probably why it lasts so long.

On a side note my last Samsung LCD lasted 3 years before it had faint lines all over the panel.
    01-22-13 04:09 PM
    If Samsung was licensed to make BB10 devices, I would be VERY tempted. They do a number of things well, and producing a cost effective cell phone is one of them.
    01-23-13 08:55 AM