I need some Advice CrackBerry!

I am writing a proposal for my company. We are looking for an email solution we are looking at Google Aps, Zimbra, and of course Exchange.
    (can you believe we have NO cooperate email!)

I am supposed to review them all and return a proposal with My suggestions.
    I have chosen Google Apps Education Edition in conjunction with Blackberry for the immediate Administration and possibly offering them to the teachers.
    My administration are skeptical about providing Blackberries for the company because they see the cost as being more that it's worth.

We have a !MAJOR! communication problem in the school and NEED Blackberries to improve our communication, however, convincing them that they should spend thousands of dollars to buy us Administration all new Blackberries is more difficult than it seems being I am working outside of the US where such technology is not as common as in America.

By choosing Google Apps we do not have to pay thousands of dollars for local servers etc, and I think Google is by far the best application for email, not to mention that the Education Edition is free to schools.

So, Basically I need a proposal outlining WHY we need to have blackberries and WHY Implementing Google Apps + Blackberry is a fundamental step we need to take to improve our administration, school & Teachers.
    I am trying to convince a technological infant that this is Must Have!

This should be easy but being that I love and feel so strongly about both products/services I seem to have a mental block where I have so much to say I can't say anything at all! I have sat looking at my keyboard for 3 hours with so much to say but I can't type a single word.

--
    “In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates”
    03-22-09 03:08 AM
    Well I'm not sure if we can be of a whole lot of help. Teachers in america don't usually have blackberries. Infact teachers are sorely underpaid as it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 03:54 AM
    Keep the proposal savings based and you'll be unblocked and the words will flow from your fingertips.

03-22-09 06:50 AM
    Ok, so convince us that you NEED BlackBerries and that no other solution will work.
    03-22-09 07:42 AM
    That's right MotoMama, you make that Administration sweat at the thought of any other solution but yours. I am in your shoes right now. I am waiting for a couple three ceo's to approve my proposal for trash removal MY WAY. When your paycheck depends on such a thing, writing that proposal can seem like you're writing the script to your life! Very nerve racking if you're not used to it. I'll never forget the words of a very angry Administrative Law Judge "I want you to return to me; a clear and cogent written proposal, rather than this unorganized wreck you just handed me."

03-22-09 08:46 AM
    Ok, so convince us that you NEED BlackBerries and that no other solution will work.
    lol...nice name what kind of bike you got?
    03-22-09 08:55 AM
    I am a teacher in the US and have a blackberry. But I paid for it myself and it is for personal use only. Good luck!!

03-22-09 09:34 AM
    I know your pain. I was in a postion where I had to make a proposal for the need to upgrade my departments bbs. I went ok but it was very difficult but I found a way to do it. I am sure that you all ready know what to say and how to put it in away that will appeal to those who understand the need for improved comm. My advice would be to stress the need for improved comm with the use of bbm, email, and calender use. That should be a good start for you.

03-22-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD