Looking back to my 10 years of using experiences with BlackBerry, I was amazed about how little a long time loyal Blackberry might know about the phone he or she is addicted. I was torn between 9900 and Z10/Q10. Only reason was that only when I seriously looked for differences between 9900 and Z10, I was made aware how great 9900 is. There are tons of features that I simply did not know.

I jumped with faith to Z10 and Q10. So happy with the leaked OS upgrades, tips on CrackBerry, etc. Sorry Dear BlackBerry, you did not help a lot. CrackBerry is the Customer Technical Services guy that I hang out with, and that guy is really helpful.

Anyway. Now that I am educated a little bit on Z10 and Q10, I got rid of Playbook, the latest Ipad. Now below is a wish list I put together for my Z10 and Q10. BTW I spend 90? on my Q10.

- How do I create a one key short cut to one language input and another short cut to another language input? Like, if I long press E, it switches to English language; if I long press C, it switches to Chinese language input. Today, I press alt and enter to switch. It slows me down.

- How do I hook up my Z10 to big screen TV through mini HDMI, leave it there, walk back and sit in my couch, and use my Q10 to control and stream movie and music etc? I heard something like BlackBerry bridge is still owned by BlackBerry.

- How do I open ppt, movie and Browner on my Q10 attach in my Z10? Z10 and Z30 have bigger screen, I want to take advantage of that.

- How do I use Z10 to charge my Q10? I rock Q10 every hour, Z10 normally still have a lot of battery left.

- How do I create same BlackBerry ID on both Z10 and Q10? I can then use same BBM, twitter, facebook etc on two devices.

- How do I read thumb driver on my Q10 like Z30? Come on Z30 does not have keyboard. When I open a file I want to type and modify that. Also, make those nice features of Z30 available to Q10, please.

- How do I open Q10 email attachment directly on my laptop, when I link my Q10 to my laptop on the road, when there is no wifi?

Come on, Dear BlackBerry. I threw away Iphone and iPads. I need to get things done with my Z10 and Q10. So help me.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 10:32 AM
    How do I create a one key short cut to one language input and another short cut to another language input? Like, if I long press E, it switches to English language; if I long press C, it switches to Chinese language input. Today, I press alt and enter to switch. It slows me down.
    I think you have to remember that most people don't switch between languages all that frequently, if ever. At least BlackBerry have given us the ability to and it can learn how we write in those different languages to suggest words.

Pressing and holding letters is how you capitalise them and, on a Z phone, how you can choose an accented letter. I suppose there could be an option to turn that off and have pressing and holding letters while typing activate custom shortcuts to other things instead, like different languages.

- How do I hook up my Z10 to big screen TV through mini HDMI, leave it there, walk back and sit in my couch, and use my Q10 to control and stream movie and music etc? I heard something like BlackBerry bridge is still owned by BlackBerry.
    If you hadn't got rid of your PlayBook you would use that with BlackBerry Bridge running on the phone to remote control the PlayBook.

I was hoping Bridge on BB10 phones would be able to remote control other BB10 phones, and have the other Bridge services like access to texts, BBM, and files too but not so far.

- How do I open ppt, movie and Browner on my Q10 attach in my Z10? Z10 and Z30 have bigger screen, I want to take advantage of that.
    Again Bridge between BB10 phones might take care of that if BlackBerry implements it.

- How do I use Z10 to charge my Q10? I rock Q10 every hour, Z10 normally still have a lot of battery left.
    Get an external battery pack for your Q10, keep it charged up and use that when the Q10 gets low.

Or get an external battery pack for the Z10 and put the Z10 battery in it and use that to charge the Q10 when it gets low, but that doesn't make much sense when you can just get another battery for the Q10 with the external pack.

- How do I create same BlackBerry ID on both Z10 and Q10? I can then use same BBM, twitter, facebook etc on two devices.
    You can't currently. It's one BBID per BB10 device and BBM works that way on all BlackBerry phones and cross platform too.

Bridge between BB10 phone might have helped with the BBM issue, if it existed.

- How do I read thumb driver on my Q10 like Z30? Come on Z30 does not have keyboard. When I open a file I want to type and modify that. Also, make those nice features of Z30 available to Q10, please.
    It's a hardware feature on the Z30 (and PlayBook but BlackBerry never released the software for it). Wait for the next Q phone and get that, USB On-The-Go will no doubt be a feature.

- How do I open Q10 email attachment directly on my laptop, when I link my Q10 to my laptop on the road, when there is no wifi?
    There is a thing BlackBerry are experimenting with called BlackBerry Fuse which may turn out to give a way to view emails on your phone from a computer. They call it a way of projecting things from the phone to a computer, not sure if that's over Bluetooth or WiFi Direct or USB or what, maybe whichever connection method you have available.

http://m.crackberry.com/leaked-black...d-pic-password

http://www.berryreview.com/2013/11/1...n-10-2-1-leak/

Come on, Dear BlackBerry. I threw away Iphone and iPads. I need to get things done with my Z10 and Q10. So help me.
    Most of what you're asking for can't be done on iPhone and iPad either so come on dude, give BlackBerry a chance to develop the technology and 'change the world' lol

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 03-08-14 at 07:21 PM.
    03-08-14 12:24 PM
    [QOUTE]

Most of what you're asking for can't be done on iPhone and iPad either so come on dude, give BlackBerry a chance to develop the technology and 'change the world' lol

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1[/QUOTE]

I was about to say the same.... idk about Samsung but I definitely know apple haven't gotten that far yet so irs a bit premature to be asking for all this at once. Shoulda done his research if he didn't really wanna give up his iPhone

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk likes this.
    03-08-14 02:58 PM
    A lot of tips... Thanks again for sharing. My Playbook was collecting dust for a while since I got Q10 and Z10. I might hook it up with my TV from now on. I will also buy a battery pack for Q10. And so on. I just wanted to make a wish list for those features I would like to see on future OS/Devices. Some of them, however, already have solutions today. Go Blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by weiberry; 03-08-14 at 08:30 PM.
    03-08-14 05:14 PM
    A lot of tips... Thanks again for sharing. My Playbook was collecting dust for a while since I got Q10 and Z10. I might hook it up with my TV from now on. I will also buy a battery pack for Q10. And so on. I just wanted to make a wish list for those features I would like to see on future OS/Devices. Some of them, however, always have solutions today. Go Blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    I like your mindset. I didn't know you were making suggestions (: anyways I do hope phone bridge to bridge comes

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 06:01 PM
    "How do I create a one key short cut to one language input and another short cut to another language input? Like, if I long press E, it switches to English language; if I long press C, it switches to Chinese language input. Today, I press alt and enter to switch. It slows me down."

I use three languages, two western, one Asian. The keyboard auto-detects the western languages. No hay que hacer nada para cambiar idiomas. and what's this alt-enter stuff? Hit the globe button to switch to Chinese, any of the three varieties available in the language settings. I don't know what "alt-enter" even means. Or were you talking about a legacy device? I don't know about those, but it doesn't work that way on BB10. Having used all the fancy Android keyboards, I can tell you that nothing handles language switching like BB10.
    03-08-14 06:06 PM
    "How do I open Q10 email attachment directly on my laptop, when I link my Q10 to my laptop on the road, when there is no wifi?"

Save the attachment and open it on/ your laptop. No offense, but are you for real or is this some kind of prank?
    03-08-14 06:09 PM
    "How do I open Q10 email attachment directly on my laptop, when I link my Q10 to my laptop on the road, when there is no wifi?"

Save the attachment and open it on/ your laptop. No offense, but are you for real or is this some kind of prank?
    That's a good point! Save the attachment out to internal storage on the phone and while it's plugged in to the computer it will be available in drive Z: to open on the computer.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    03-08-14 07:23 PM
    Alt+Enter is how we switch language input on Q10. You are right. It is similar to legacy device with keyboard. It seems that you are rocking a Z10 or Z30.

Open email attachment... Assuming you are on a situation there is no wifi for your laptop, e.g. when you are traveling. Then you got a big attachment on your BlackBerry. Today, as you explained we will save the attachment to our phone, connect the phone to laptop by USB cable or bluetooth, then find the file on laptop, modify it, save it on phone, and work on the phone to attach the modified file to the email. I was making a wish list that we can skip some steps. It would be great if when we connect the phone to laptop, there might be a software like BlackBerry bridge to show the email on laptop instantly, so we can process that, modify that, and send the email out on the phone through laptop. It might be a nice feature to have...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by weiberry; 03-08-14 at 08:29 PM.
    03-08-14 08:08 PM
    I am having the issue about using BBM on my Z10 and Q10, when I switch my sim card from Z10 to Q10, it seems that the BBM can only work in Z10. I can both log in on two devices but BBM only works at Z10. Help...it is irritating

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 11:48 AM
    One Blackberry ID for one Blackberry device. I also have Q10 and Z10, I use two BBM names.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 07:04 AM