My daughters torch just died on Monday. Would not boot and red light. I have reviewed posts for the entire holidays and tried everything. I believe the unit was not completing boot. I have downloaded BB Desk Software and what I thought to be OS for the device. I have tried everything-wiped complete BB-downloaded OS-removed vendor-changed laptops-downloaded BBSAK
    I can not get Desk software to find OS. When I go to applications on software it says the OS is required.
    The torch is an unlocked Rogers canadian phone.
    I am not getting any errors on the screen. Just keyboard lights up. I dont think there is damage to the screen beacause when it is plugged in with no battery it shows the battery with red x.
    I know I am doing something wrong but I cant figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is the second BB in 3 months.
    12-26-12 02:40 PM
    have you tried removing the vendor tag from the update pack?
    12-26-12 02:44 PM
    Try to change the battery. I had exact same problem on my Torch 9810.

You may notice the old battery "spins" on a flat table, because the center is bulging.

Let us know if that was the culprit.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    12-26-12 05:24 PM
    Run vendelete,exe to get rid of any vendor files in hidden places. If you are on windows 8 run as administrator or it won't delete anything.

Update to latest blackberry desktop manager.

Try connecting the 9810 to the computer with no battery installed in the phone, and it'll get to a point where it won't proceed with install until you put battery in, just put it in while staying connected and install will proceed.
    12-26-12 05:33 PM
    Instead of starting a new thread, you should post in the ones that you are following instructions on how to fix a nuked BB or which ever one you are trying. Saying you tried everything is not helpful in a new thread. Those threads for the nuked BBs have specific steps, so you need to post your problems there.
    raino likes this.
    12-26-12 05:36 PM
    I gave up for the night. I left the BB plugged into the laptop which had went to sleep. When I woke this morning the agreement page was on the BB. I disconnected it from the computer and set up the wireless connection. I was inputing the BB id and pass word and it froze. Within 2 minutes the screen went black and I am back where I started. I tryed to spin the battery on the table as suggested but no bulges.
    Thanks for everyones help over the holidays. Sorry I posted in the wrong spot I will know better next time as I think I may be spending alot of time here. I had no idea how much information was shared on these forums, Awesome job!
    12-27-12 07:21 AM
    replaced battery and still nothing
    12-27-12 04:49 PM
    Had the same problem when updated to 7.1: red light and constant rebooting. Didn't even show the BB logo or loading bar.
    My solution was to connect to desktop manager (DM) and wait for the phone to be recognized by the software, an error message popped up, clicked "repair", "update", "other versions". I don't remember exactly the sequence but was something like that. It took about 5 or 6 times for the DM to recognize the phone. Hope it works for you.
    12-27-12 06:55 PM
    I have wiped the BB and reinstalled OS numerous times. Wiped with BBSAK and reinstalled with apploader. I have used vendelete and removed vendor files. When apploader says install was successful the BB starts to play music and then stops. At no time does anything appear on the screen. The battery is charged 100%. Anyone have any ideas?
    01-02-13 11:30 AM