So, last night I noticed a lone, dead white pixel on my screen and it really bothers me. I'm going to call verizon and get a replacement, but in the future, is there anything that can fix these naughty dots?
    02-15-09 08:22 AM
    yea, i called verizon and after being on the phone for 30 min. lol I will have a shiny, BRAND NEW BLACKBERRY on Tuesday!! I'm so excited. Is there an app that fixes dead pixels? there are ones for computers
    02-15-09 12:36 PM
    On the iPhone there is, not sure about BB. Sorry to hear about the pixel! At least you get a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    EDIT: Oh, I see. A frozen (or stuck) pixel, I'm sure, is much easier to fix.
    Last edited by techluvr1234; 02-15-09 at 02:12 PM.
    02-15-09 01:23 PM
    if the pixel is legit dead, then there is no fixing it, no matter what the device.

those fixes are for frozen pixels, not dead.
    02-15-09 01:25 PM
    Try the video M4V56052. I have a green stuck pixel and this shrunk it half so far. I leave it run until the battery dies. This may unstick pixles eventually.
    02-24-09 12:38 AM
    Try the video M4V56052. I have a green stuck pixel and this shrunk it half so far. I leave it run until the battery dies. This may unstick pixles eventually.
    You can't shrink the size of a stuck pixel.. The pixel itself is either stuck or not.

That video works by rapidly switching the pixels on and off. I'm not sure how fast the BB screens are capable of refreshing so this might be less effective than on a computer screen.
    02-24-09 01:43 AM
    The video may help a 'stuck' pixel but not a 'dead' pixel. Dead is like life, when its gone and done, you sadly don't come back. Sadly you can't bring those pixels back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 04:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD