So I was trying to load some .bar files on my Z10 earlier using V1.09 of DDPB. I kept getting the error: failure 500 unpack requires a string argument of length 22. Anyone know a work around for this or are we going to have to wait for a new revision of the program. I see lots of comments on other sites about this so I am clearly not the only person with the problem.
    02-15-13 04:04 PM
    DDPB is old. You could always try doing exactly the same thing with the Google Chrome add-on. See this: Sideloading made easy with the PlayBook App Manager Browser Plugin | CrackBerry.com
    02-15-13 04:10 PM
    Not sure what the problem is...... Tried the Google Chrome way and get the same error as you are.... Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge a can help us out???

R...

So I was trying to load some .bar files on my Z10 earlier using V1.09 of DDPB. I kept getting the error: failure 500 unpack requires a string argument of length 22. Anyone know a work around for this or are we going to have to wait for a new revision of the program. I see lots of comments on other sites about this so I am clearly not the only person with the problem.
    02-15-13 05:28 PM
    Is Java installed. That's question 1
    Is dev mode enabled on your Z10. That's question 2
    Turn off WIFI. That's question 3
    Start BB Link. Sometimes that helps. That's question 4
    IF those don't help, then PM me and we can see what's wrong
    02-15-13 05:45 PM
    There's problems with sideloading with the same error appearing as well today with the PlayBook. No idea what's going on. The PlayBook got an update, but the Z10 didn't. Don't know how this is related.
    02-15-13 06:13 PM
    It's not. It's something on the computer's end. I feel like BB Link screwed something up. You need to have BB Link open for it to work, I think
    02-15-13 06:25 PM
    If you right click on the bar file and click on properties you will see a button that says unblock, thus should sort out your problem.
    02-15-13 06:55 PM
    I just tried sideloading on playbook as well and of course always worked fine.

I have the LTE version which no Upate For it yet, so its not the PB update.

I tried the older verson of PB as well 1.08 and still get the error.

Only thing new since i tried today side loading is my Z10 on tuesday, but i was able to side load then on tuesday for the Z10..... so i don't what the issue is unless the files ALL of them are Damaged Now on Goodereader and we can no longer use that site.
    02-15-13 07:00 PM
    If you right click on the bar file and click on properties you will see a button that says unblock, thus should sort out your problem.
    This did not work either, but i wonder why the Block, i know windows did some security updates this past two days and yeah i installed them.
    02-15-13 07:09 PM
    Here is a QUOTE from someone else online:

I have the .1526 update. I tried installing the latest es file explorer from the good reader web site using both the chrome sideload method and the DDPB method. It used to work & doesn't now. I get the infamous "failure 500 unpack requires a string argument of length 22". I also tried it with another app & that failed as well when sourced from that site.

HOWEVER... I got hold of a .apk (for version 1.6.2.5) from APKTOP and put that through apk2bar.unker.net. The resulting .bar installed OK using the chrome sideload method. So you can still sideload android apps but not those from the goodreader. Will investigate further.
    02-15-13 07:14 PM
    02-15-13 07:19 PM
    Ok update:::::

It is the files from Goodereader i got .bar files from another site and all works OK
    02-15-13 07:32 PM
    there is nothing wrong with our bar files. We tested on 4 playbooks all of the apps people said they had problems with and they all worked for us
    02-15-13 10:12 PM
    there is nothing wrong with our bar files. We tested on 4 playbooks all of the apps people said they had problems with and they all worked for us
    Well somethings wrong when getting them from your site as I just loaded six more apps from other places np's

So why is so many ppl having this issue and the common denominator is goodereader?
    02-15-13 10:43 PM
    I had the same issue but as per another thread ....

DELETE the "bad" BAR from DDPB, DELETE the "bad" BAR from PC, ensure latest JAVA update, redownload BAR (in my case, was Speedtest from goodreader), and reload into DDPB .... It worked !!!!
    02-18-13 02:21 AM
    the DDPB should be 1.09.1
    you should have java 32 installed in your PC

try these two, I hope u can install android apps on blackberry z10
    02-20-13 03:32 PM
    It's not. It's something on the computer's end. I feel like BB Link screwed something up. You need to have BB Link open for it to work, I think
    BBLink shouldn't have anything to do with it. I have sideloaded a number of apps with DDPB without any problems.
    02-20-13 03:36 PM