03-06-09 01:27 PM
58 123
tools
    So today is the one month aniversary of the day I got my BB and I can't imagine not having it.

I got mine after the leaving Spring due to a painful bought with their mistakes in my bill. I switched over to ATT and got my BB for penny. Both of my parents, my sister and my gf all had one so I finally made the switch over from my Treo to a BB Curve. I stayed up all night when my box arrived and could not put it down. Other than during the OS update and testing a SIM card I haven't turned it off and am really utilizing my unlimited data plan.

So who on here remembers the day they got their first BB and why they decided to make the switch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jeff.parent; 03-04-09 at 12:45 PM. Reason: title was misspelled.
    03-04-09 12:42 PM
    Clever thread title. My story is a little different my work gave me a BB (7290) and I didn't want it, BUT I really learned (quickly learned) to love that thing. They upgraded me to an 8700, and the experience was even more amazing. BUT then they took it away due to a budget cut, and I experienced withdrawal, and had to get one for my regular cell phone, BUT I was locked in to a contract. However the very first moment I could upgrade I got 1, just so happens I was able to upgrade the day the Storm came out. OK so I called and BEGGED them to move up my NE2 date, which they did by a month so I could get a launch day Storm.
    03-04-09 01:16 PM
    I've had the 9530 for a few weeks now and its a BIG upgrade from my treo.
    I was waiting for my old contract to expire and the day it did I went out and bought the storm which I must say has been a good investment.

03-04-09 01:30 PM
    My one year anniversary is coming up in a few months

03-04-09 01:36 PM
    Got mine a month ago....this thing is my best friend lol! Goes with me every where. I could never turn back!

I LOVE YOU BLACKBERRY!!!!

03-04-09 01:37 PM
    i started with the 8700 aprx 3 yrs ago or so. When the pearl first came out i upgraded to that and learned to like it better than the 8700. Then there was the release of the curve and i wanted to upgrade to that but i was unable to without paying out the a**. finally i got the 8300 and loved it. i have recently switched phone carriers and now have the 8330. i love it and cant imaging being without a BB!!! i am thinking of upgrading to the storm but i hear pros and cons and not really sure what i wanna do... does anybody have any insight on that?
    03-04-09 01:44 PM
    My one year anniversary is also approaching. I got my curve the day it came out for vzw.

03-04-09 01:46 PM
    Got my Bold less than a week ago. Completely amazing phone. AT&T has been great for me so far though I would have stayed with Sprint if they carried the Bold.

Definitely the best phone I've ever had.

My fiancee has been trying to convince me to get a BlackBerry forever now (she has an 8800) and I can now see why (though OS 4.6 is amazing compared to her version; I couldn't go back to something like that now).
    03-04-09 01:50 PM
    I have had the BlackBerry Curve for 8 months and it does not leave my sight. I got it after a trip to Vegas and I lost my other phone!
    03-04-09 02:00 PM
    I've had my pearl for exactly 12 days and 55 min yep I've been keeping track of it and I wouldn't trade my pearl in for anything else cept for maybe a different BB can't wait for my one year annivarsary lol

03-04-09 02:02 PM
    It was at the end of Aug 08.

I checked around with tmo,sprint,att&vzw! I finally decided to go with vzw. During my lunch break I went up to the verizon store and marched my cute little b u t t in there and decided on my curve 8330. I was in there for about 30-45 minutes getting everything set up. As I am sitting there getting everything set up this huge black man walks in! It was like 6'7 and very attractive. We got to talking about why he was bringing his phone back and yada yada yada. He decided to go next door to a food place because it was taking a while to transfer all his stuff back to his old phone and brought back some food and gave me the yummiest big chocolate chip cook ever! He actually gave me his number because he was in need of an assistant for his job, but I never took him up on the offer. My phone was done and we went our separate ways, but I had my bb and there are no words to describe how happy I was to finally have that phone.

Sorry that was so long and drawn out.
    03-04-09 02:04 PM
    I have had my 8900 for nearly a month, and I agree that it is now difficult to imagine life without it! I decided to get one because at my office, we are only allowed personal internet use if we ask for permission but even then, everything on our PCs gets logged. I wanted to go online and check emails without the hassle, so I opted for a phone that could do it. It's just a shame that personal phones have to stay switched off except during breaks!
    03-04-09 02:29 PM
    I got mine last week! I have been a Treo user since it's inception, and I really, really loved that phone. I was dead set on getting a Curve because of the keyboards similarties to the Treo. I was not that crazy about BBs because of no-windows. I am also an avid fan of music, videos and movies. The Treo did all of this for me, plus allowed me to run my business. I thought about getting an iPhone, but my brother got one and I really didn't care for it. I didn't want to get a Storm because of not having a keyboard. However, a friend of mine got one and let me play with it for awhile. I was amazed and kept an open mind about the key board. It was like a first date, ackward at first but I did get that "get to third base feeling" rather quickly. Infact now that I think about it, I don't ever remember getting to third base that quickly during my youth. I loaded him up a movie on his phone and about fell over. Here I was with my Treo thinking watching a movie on that tiny little screen was all that. I amazed at this phones business + entertainment functionality.
    03-04-09 04:04 PM
    lol i thought this thread was totally something different when i first read it! haha
    03-04-09 04:14 PM
    on the 11th march would have my storm for 3 months... but tomorrow I need to pop into vodafone as I cant get signal on it at my work but can on my other phones...
    my old bb had for 18 months now
    03-04-09 04:19 PM
    Got me and the g/f matching Curves mid January...I've had every other smartphone genre except for the iPhone and Berry. So far so good. On my second go with VZW and I must say they've improved in the past 4 years (I had flings with ATT and Sprint in the interim).

03-04-09 06:37 PM
    My first bb is the storm and I got it in December. Ill never use anything other than a blackberry! I love it!

03-04-09 06:49 PM
    I'm over 3 years. I'll never switch to another brand of phone. There's just something about them.....
    03-04-09 06:54 PM
    Got my first berry in 05 I think it was..It was a 7100i. I remember using it for about 6 hours before I could even figure out how to make it ring...lol. Got tired of that one and let it go for another nextel brand phone about a year later or so..Waited who knows how long for sprint to finally get the curve and i was right back at it..Never looked back sense.
    03-04-09 08:26 PM
    December 2006...

I got it then to have an organizer/calendar in my pocket, but didnt know I was going to be a CrackBerry addict today.
    03-04-09 08:56 PM
    My baby's quite new. I got her in early February. Now it is almost our bed time!
    03-04-09 08:59 PM
    Storm since launch, hasn't left my side! Think I will be a lifer with Blackberry
    03-04-09 09:00 PM
    3 mths now and completely ''HOOKED''!
    03-04-09 09:10 PM
    My first BB was the 950 on the mobitex network with Rogers. That was a long long time ago lol
    03-04-09 09:58 PM
    950 eh? You really do go back!
    03-04-09 10:00 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";