Blackberry has those all now too, right?
    Don't know, don't care, don't use them.
    11-12-14 10:20 AM
    OP you do know you can simply sim swap,between 4G phones now on Verizon without doing the online ESN swap?
    Different size SIMS

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 04:31 PM
    I'm going to take that statement on. I have one of the best in terms of Android the Xperia Z2. Sure enough it's a great phone in terms of taking videos and pictures but in so many ways I am just managing I'm not doing as much as easily as I was when I had the Z10.

Swapping between screens, copy and paste, email functionality, call quality and texting quality. There is no comparison the BlackBerry is head and shoulders better. Bluetooth signal, speaker phone quality and sound level, notification.

It's one thing to manage which is what I do with my Sony, it's another to master or excel which is what I did with my BlackBerry.

That's not to say that there aren't redeeming features of Android, apps, camera, video, the build quality of this thing is beautiful, but for me it was a huge mistake to switch.
    Great points. My point is just it depends on the user and their needs. There is no monopoly on "getting things done". I've used all platforms including BB10 (loved the Q10). Right now I'm playing with Windows 8.1 on my laptop, tablet, and phone. The ecosystem is nice because I can work on the same excel spreadsheet or word document on all of them. Pretty cool. The user makes the platform, not the other way around.
    Hai Bo likes this.
    11-12-14 05:30 PM
    Don't know, don't care, don't use them.
    Lol, neither do I.
    11-12-14 05:31 PM
    So she threatened to take the TV back if you didn't get a Samsung??
    Nah. She didn't threaten me at all. I use the ATT u verse app on my phone as the remote to my TV sometimes . Z30 was no where to buy in store and so I got the Note 3. I'm a HTML Designer and I needed to have the S pen to jot down notes, create logos, or present email template ideas quickly and efficiently. I wish the S4 had the S pen . I know I could use a stylus pen for it but it didn't have the cool features that the S Pen has on Note 3. Passport would had been too much at the time.
    Still I am on the NEXT plan and so when my installments are up , I can get the Z30 or Passport.
    11-12-14 07:28 PM
    Nah. She didn't threaten me at all. I use the ATT u verse app on my phone as the remote to my TV sometimes . Z30 was no where to buy in store and so I got the Note 3. I'm a HTML Designer and I needed to have the S pen to jot down notes, create logos, or present email template ideas quickly and efficiently. I wish the S4 had the S pen . I know I could use a stylus pen for it but it didn't have the cool features that the S Pen has on Note 3. Passport would had been too much at the time.
    Still I am on the NEXT plan and so when my installments are up , I can get the Z30 or Passport.
    Sounds like the Passport would be perfect for you. Once you edit a spreadsheet or read a .pdf on that gorgeous screen you can't go back to a rectangle.
    11-12-14 11:11 PM
    Blackberry has those all now too, right?
    By popular demand..... say: "consumer"

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    11-13-14 12:08 AM
    Right.

... and reading this thread can some of our fellow CB-addicted BlackBerry bashers please remind me of why the slogan "tools not toys" is ridiculous again and as to why there's absolutely no truth in it at all? And yeah, I'm thinking of certain people on these forums. Maybe some whose main argument for "tools not toys" being an antiquated statement is nothing more and nothing less than "Android devices and iPhones outsell BlackBerrys in the enterprise"...

Yeah I'm looking at you.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 03:57 AM
    Blackberry works fine with smart TVs. Unless Samsung is pulling an Apple and restricting features to only their Samsung phones like they do with their Gear watches, it will do everything you need it to.

Miracast, WifiDirect, DLNA generic "Play On" etc all work from my Passport to Smart TV's...I have personally done it on the displays at Target to a Vizio smart TV.
    are you saying blackberrys support allshare ?
    11-13-14 04:11 AM
    Not sure whether I would manage on another platform after getting so used to the swipe gestures and quick changes between apps on this one.

Sure, anyone can do just about anything on any platform.
    iOS needs certain workarounds where BlackBerry makes it easy, Blackberry lacks apps that are available on iOS, and Android has the convenience of Google's services, but 99% of mobile malware are written for it.

No flames, and each to their own.

I just finished playing a session of Kiwi Wonder, if anyone wonder about games on BB10/Blackberry. Even a prosumer might dive in every now and then...

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    11-13-14 04:14 AM
    Angry Birds, Bejeweled Blitz and Fruit Ninja don't count as "getting stuff done"!
    And on the homepage of Crackberry: 3D Bike Racing, Dumb Ways to Die sticker packs and a Vine lookalike. All essential tools for blackberry users " to get stuff done" .
    11-13-14 09:55 AM
    And on the homepage of Crackberry: 3D Bike Racing, Dumb Ways to Die sticker packs and a Vine lookalike. All essential tools for blackberry users " to get stuff done" .
    I guess you assume BlackBerry has something to do with what gets posted on crackberry?
    11-13-14 10:24 AM
    I hope nobody assumes that
    That would be a silly assumption but I'll tell you what. I'm typing this on my Q10 right now. It feels so weird after using the passport for roughly a week. I'm still typing pretty quick but the keys feel so tiny! And the screen is so small! Lol. I can adjust fine, but man, sometimes it's nice pulling out a smaller device. Love my passport though. even more so now that I have snap and any android app I want

Sorry, pointless post.

Posted via Q30
    11-13-14 10:51 AM
    Yeah, I'd like to see more business, productivity, etc tools. Even tips and tricks for assigning shortcuts, getting around the system, making the hub cleaner and integrating various apps into it, unique/underutilized settings, rumors on the street, comments and projections on new products made by wall st analysts covering the bank, and especially links to new reviews of the devices - especialy those unreleased - like Ruslan's writeup, DylanHabkirk's review/preview on his blog, the video DTBlackberry made showcasing camera functions, Ruslan's video of the brower demo/performance, etc.

I briefly look at the homepage for info on the company, but then run a google news search and frequently find new articles I hadn't seen before.
    I don't mind crackberry.com so much having that stuff but I want BlackBerry themselves to try and pursue more business app development for the platform.

IPhone has that brilliant square reader for credit card purchases on the go. Well BlackBerry has NFC which can be used to do the same thing without a tacky hardware add on why haven't they gotten an app developed to take advantage of that?
    They want the "prosumer" they need to give them productivity that no one else offers.

I say a PayPal/Amazon partnership for that would be brilliant.
    11-13-14 12:05 PM
    Not the way I chose my Note 3. I was Dead set on wanting the Passport or Z30, BUT I couldn't wait a week later until the Passport came out and I didn't want to buy directly because it would be too much. However, that's not why I went with Samsung again. I had No choice but to get another Android device because My mom had already bought me a Samsung Smart TV as my Apt gift. I check Crackberry all the time , and I really wish I could come back. I Miss the Hub, keyboard, the Productivity, Multitasking!!!
    Don't see how the TV brand is relevant. Smart TV just means it has apps and can do dnla / miracast.

Heck Samsung TV doesent even run android lol.
    My lg smart TV shows my bb10 device as a source whenever WiFi is on (permissions allowed on the BB). My HTC does not show up here and is more difficult to access media on it.

Go figure, now take back that note, the novelty of the stylus can't be worth more than productivity of bbos 10 can it .
    11-13-14 05:03 PM
    Don't see how the TV brand is relevant. Smart TV just means it has apps and can do dnla / miracast.

Heck Samsung TV doesent even run android lol.
    My lg smart TV shows my bb10 device as a source whenever WiFi is on (permissions allowed on the BB). My HTC does not show up here and is more difficult to access media on it.

Go figure, now take back that note, the novelty of the stylus can't be worth more than productivity of bbos 10 can it .
    It's past the return window date ...but if something major happens to my Note 3 then I will come back to BlackBerry.
    11-14-14 08:24 AM
41 12