I have searched to figure this out and surprisingly have not been able to find one thread that deals with my question. One of the main reasons i got the storm 2 was because it had wifi and i thought that i had heard that with wifi you can call and access data (email back and forth, browse, google maps, etc) at the same time. Is this true? if it is, it is not working on my phone. Despite repeated attmepts and troubleshooting i cannot get a single (non-cached) web page to load while on a call and having a strong wifi connection.

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thank you.
    02-10-10 10:00 AM
    hmmm works for me
    02-10-10 10:18 AM
    Yeah it works for me. Maybe it has to be on Hotspot browser.........don't know, just throwing it out there.
    02-10-10 10:21 AM
    hmmm... i'll try that...
    02-10-10 10:22 AM
    ok weird... it's working now. Just a thought, i usually don't leave wifi on all the time and just connect when i'm on a call and want to access data. maybe that has been the problem. If wifi isn't connected before the call initiates... it doesn't work. In the future i'll also try changing to hotspot browser. thank you for the help.

Thread and go ahead and die.
    02-10-10 10:31 AM
    it doesnt have to be hotspot browser. I multitask on the can all the time.
    02-10-10 10:42 AM
    This is good info. Probably 95% of the time that I would do this I am sitting in WiFi range.
    02-10-10 10:50 AM
    Doesn't AT&T say that Verizon can't do this? Guess again AT&T!!!
    02-10-10 10:53 AM
    Yeah, but they're saying you can do it over the network, not just WIFI. Silly selling point nonetheless.
    02-10-10 10:57 AM
    AT&T is RIGHT if you are on Verizon 3G network you cant but if you are on WIFI yes you can
    02-10-10 11:08 AM
    This is good info. Probably 95% of the time that I would do this I am sitting in WiFi range.
    Go Magic! THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE ORLANDO MAGIC
    02-10-10 11:51 AM
    I have searched to figure this out and surprisingly have not been able to find one thread that deals with my question. One of the main reasons i got the storm 2 was because it had wifi and i thought that i had heard that with wifi you can call and access data (email back and forth, browse, google maps, etc) at the same time. Is this true? if it is, it is not working on my phone. Despite repeated attmepts and troubleshooting i cannot get a single (non-cached) web page to load while on a call and having a strong wifi connection.

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thank you.
    Yeah, must have been an isolated incident. I've yet to have any issue talking while surfing the web/checking apps.
    02-10-10 11:52 AM
    I use it all the time with no problems. That's one feature that I love...Comes in handle when on wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 12:13 PM
    ok weird... it's working now. Just a thought, i usually don't leave wifi on all the time and just connect when i'm on a call and want to access data. maybe that has been the problem. If wifi isn't connected before the call initiates... it doesn't work. In the future i'll also try changing to hotspot browser. thank you for the help.

Thread and go ahead and die.
    Keep in mind, theres about a minute delay for it to connect to a good wifi hotspot. Thats probably why your feeling that there is trouble connecting. Especially since your initiating wifi during the call.

AT&T can do it over the network where as verizon can only do it through wifi. Small sicking point, but its a sticking point none the less
    02-10-10 12:29 PM
    Keep in mind, theres about a minute delay for it to connect to a good wifi hotspot. Thats probably why your feeling that there is trouble connecting. Especially since your initiating wifi during the call.

AT&T can do it over the network where as verizon can only do it through wifi. Small sicking point, but its a sticking point none the less
    Yeah, thats a stupid selling point. My s2 is connected to wifi at work and home, so its not even an issue for me.
    02-10-10 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD