i have an unlimited data plan. however i remember reading on here somewhere that some carriers put a 5MB cap on that unlimited data and that if you go over you will be charged. is this true for sprint?

i ask this question because my current billin cycle isnt over until the 25th but the website already says i have used 30,648kb in data. according to the website 1024kb=1MB, which means i have used 29 almost 30MB. will i be grossly charged for this once my new bill comes??

i have my bill sitting at a cool $65-70/mo and i would like to keep it that way which was my whole reason for investing in unlmtd data &web, text messaging, and all that good stuff.
    06-11-08 08:08 PM
    Its a 5Gb Cap not 5Mb
    06-11-08 08:11 PM
    oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok thanks lol
    06-11-08 08:15 PM
    30mgs is nothin, i usually use about 80mgs/month
    thank god for unlimited data plans
    06-11-08 08:18 PM
    whoa what r u browsing?
    06-11-08 08:20 PM
    30mgs is nothin, i usually use about 80mgs/month
    thank god for unlimited data plans
    Same here last month was 185mb, unlimited rules!
    06-11-08 08:26 PM
    whoa what r u browsing?
    I'm similar... and I don't browse much!

BBs eat DATA for all their meals... and they are VERY obese.

For me, it's Viigo, JiveTalk, email, weather and BB Messenger.

People NEED to remember their BlackBerry is constantly connected and sending data.

One of the BEST pieces of advice I can give people, beyond getting an unlimited data plan, is to go into 'Manage Connections' > Mobile Network Options > Data Services : Set it to 'Off When Roaming'. Otherwise, you run a risk of incurring HUGE data roaming charges if you aren't on your home network or if your provider doesn't have a favourable agreement with the tower owner where you are travelling.
    06-12-08 12:43 AM
    crackdbanker, thank you very much for putting that advice out there. I live on a border town (niagara falls) and once in a while my service will roam, so I have set it to above mentioned, its great advice!

Rob
    06-15-08 09:06 AM
    Do I still need to set data to off when roaming if I have unlmtd data? No right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 09:11 AM
    Only if you are roaming in a foreign country.

All of the US carriers have agreements between them providing for seamless roaming.
    06-15-08 10:07 AM
    O.K.... Can someone PLEASE confirm. (Verizon has made this sooo DARN complicated its a shame).

1) If I have Nationwide Unlimited - I don't have to worry about "roaming" RIGHT ? That means I can call "to and from" anywhere in the US and it is covered under the $99.00 plan - RIGHT ?

2) If I have the $15.00 Text, Photo and Video Messaging Plan - that means I can send up to 1500 texts, photos or videos per/mo from anywhere in the US at anytime - and it is covered under the $15.00 plan - RIGHT ?
    (I don't see an "unlimited" text messaging plan on Verizon's website).

3) Is the $29.00 BIS an "unlimited" data plan - meaning I can send or receive data from anywhere in the US at anytime - and it is covered under the $29.00 plan ?

So if everything is "Nationwide" and "Unlimited" where does roaming come in to play ?

See - I didn't have to worry about this with Sprint - Nationwide Unlimited meant just that. My bill was $99.00 no matter what I did and where I was. There was no "roaming".
    Last edited by KBattle; 06-15-08 at 10:35 AM.
    06-15-08 10:15 AM
    There was a time, a decade or so back, when roaming between carriers incurred additional charges.

When I bought my first car phone, early 90's, I had to be particularly careful about roaming charges because I lived within a couple miles of the American boarder.

Setting off on my commute, I would approach the boarder and pick up a US signal. Then I had to wait until I was far enough North to pick up my carriers signal again.

Half way there, I could review my messages and get the day started.

It is so much simpler today, except for the folks that live near the boarder.
    06-15-08 10:38 AM
    Only if you are roaming in a foreign country.

All of the US carriers have agreements between them providing for seamless roaming.
    If you travel close to country borders (Canada/Mexico), I would suggest you turn data off when roaming. I'm not sure if turning the feature on will prevent you from using data around the states between carriers.

Someone should give it a try and let us know.
    06-16-08 02:26 AM

One of the BEST pieces of advice I can give people, beyond getting an unlimited data plan, is to go into 'Manage Connections' > Mobile Network Options > Data Services : Set it to 'Off When Roaming'. Otherwise, you run a risk of incurring HUGE data roaming charges if you aren't on your home network or if your provider doesn't have a favourable agreement with the tower owner where you are travelling.
    Roaming is "free" for me.
    06-16-08 02:34 AM
    O.K.... Can someone PLEASE confirm. (Verizon has made this sooo DARN complicated its a shame).

1) If I have Nationwide Unlimited - I don't have to worry about "roaming" RIGHT ? That means I can call "to and from" anywhere in the US and it is covered under the $99.00 plan - RIGHT ?

2) If I have the $15.00 Text, Photo and Video Messaging Plan - that means I can send up to 1500 texts, photos or videos per/mo from anywhere in the US at anytime - and it is covered under the $15.00 plan - RIGHT ?
    (I don't see an "unlimited" text messaging plan on Verizon's website).

3) Is the $29.00 BIS an "unlimited" data plan - meaning I can send or receive data from anywhere in the US at anytime - and it is covered under the $29.00 plan ?

So if everything is "Nationwide" and "Unlimited" where does roaming come in to play ?

See - I didn't have to worry about this with Sprint - Nationwide Unlimited meant just that. My bill was $99.00 no matter what I did and where I was. There was no "roaming".

Verizon has 3 levels of their unlimited plan, the 99.00 per month, is voice only. the 2nd level, is voice & text plan, for something like 119.00 per month, the 3rd is voice & text, and data (for those non bb users, for the vz navigator, and such).

when you buy the bb, verizon forces you to pick a bb/data plan for your phone, which is unlimited also.
    06-16-08 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";