Leo, WiFi can be quite frustrating to set up. Here's the best CrackBerry has to offer on how-to:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/

and if that doesn't help click on the whole forum on WiFi and browse.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 12:22 PM
    okay, how can i find my o.s version?
    03-14-10 12:34 PM
    For any device except a Pearl or a Storm, from the home screen press and hold alt, right shift then H. The Help Me screen will pop up with all your vitals. On most devices also Options->About will provide you with the OS version.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

03-14-10 12:44 PM
    okay, thanks, im o.s 4.6, does this mean i'd be affecting by an N router?
    03-14-10 01:22 PM
    ...Or jus go to Options � WiFi � Menu Button � New

03-14-10 02:24 PM
    luqman, that didn't help at all. but i found this on the thread bigbadwulf mentioned, but it was never answered before it was closed, this was someones post so excuse any of his questions.

My problem is I'm still not connecting with the wifi. I've checked my available networks and it says I'm connected. I've got a data plan, my OS is version 4.6.1..., and the network is open. As I go to wi-fi connections-options, the network name comes up and it says "active connection." Next to that there's a black box with a white minus sign in the middle, and next to that is a green cone. (what does that black box mean?) I've taken the battery out and redone the wifi set-up process numerous times. My two roommates have laptops and their computers are connected to wifi. So I've seemed to check and re-check everything and all signs say I'm connected, but I'm clearly not (nothing works) and the wi-fi symbol at the top right corner of the screen on my phone is gray. What else can I do?

*note: my signal strength is -76dBm. I don't understand what that means, but maybe that's helpful information for this... Also, my carrier is T-mobile and I don't have service where I am living.
    03-14-10 02:31 PM
    Oh I've had that issue before Leo-King and all I did was went to manage connections in the bb menu and turned off wifi and turned it back on then I waited like about a 30 seconds until the the wifi logo turned white and I was connected to my router. Try this and see if it works

03-14-10 02:56 PM
    nope this didnt work, thanks anyway.
    03-14-10 03:03 PM
    Then if ur internet is connected to a tv box restart that or it might be your router too. Try restarting both it might work If not then I'm outta ideas

03-14-10 05:16 PM
    nope, god dammit.
    03-15-10 02:06 PM
    Leo, if I read correctly, you have Wifi and should be connected, but you aren't. Here's a few more things to try if you haven't already.

1. Turn off all security on the router, including MAC address filtering.
    2. Delete your saved wifi profile on your Blackberry.
    3. Reboot the router and your BlackBerry.
    4. I'd give it up to 15 minutes to connect. It's rare, but I've seen it happen.
    5. If you are able to connect, add security one step at a time. If you can't connect, use something else to make sure you can connect, such as a laptop or another berry.

Keep us updated.
    03-15-10 02:38 PM
    To be honest i am weary of turning of my security and stuff,
    Some people have said that it being a N router can affect me?
    03-15-10 02:43 PM
    I have an N router and I haven't had any problems connecting from my bb or laptop. Wait maybe u have a max limit to the number of devices that can connect set on ur router u should double check just in case. I have a password on it and have a max limit to all the devices that I have that connect through wifi so no one else can connect even if it gets hacked.

03-15-10 03:04 PM
    Again, turn off the security if it's not working, then turn it back on one step at a time. I'm not saying to leave it unsecured. But you need to test it. If your BB connects with no security, you know it works. If it still doesn't, then we need to dig deeper, including maybe a new router.

If it's an N router, it needs to run in G mode as well as in N mode. If that's turned off, the BB won't connect, as all current BB models are B/G wireless only.
    03-15-10 03:52 PM
    i found out that my router is g only?
    03-15-10 03:58 PM
    What curerntly connects to your router?

What have you tried since my last post?
    03-16-10 08:29 AM
    my dad has been having a play but he didn't want to mess it up so didnt really do anything,
    03-16-10 11:37 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD