Why is it, as bad as BB10 apps are, that apps like twitter on BB10 have dark modes and on ios and Android they don't?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 10:44 PM
    Because the masses simply don't care. They don't even look at options.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    02-09-16 12:00 AM
    Hahaha I honestly have no idea, and this is why stock android and iOS completely suck. IOS is just pure light colours, and the same goes for android.
    02-09-16 12:38 AM
    On Android it depends on the app dev if they want to implement or not. A good example of a well developed Android app is Solid explorer, a file manager where you can change from light theme to dark theme and also change colors of status bar. I think most companies don't use different themes for their apps because it would impact the visual identity of the brand (for example Facebook has always been blue and white and it would look strange to be in other colors)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-09-16 02:02 AM
    Hahaha I honestly have no idea, and this is why stock android and iOS completely suck. IOS is just pure light colours, and the same goes for android.
    The older iOS was fine but the newer revamped iOS with all the plain white color EVERYWHERE is simply too harsh on the eyes.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 09:15 AM
    The older iOS was fine but the newer revamped iOS with all the plain white color EVERYWHERE is simply too harsh on the eyes.

Posted via CB10
    Haha, definitely. I purchased an iPhone 4 back in 2010 and to this day, i keep it on minimum brightness because the white colouring around the UI is too much!
    02-09-16 11:56 AM
    It does depend on how we code our 'bad' Apps, the OS firstly will detect the screen type and set it accordingly or we can set it to dark/ light ourselves.
    I find a lot of users prefer dark theme like myself so I always default it to dark.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 12:01 PM
    I find BB users uniquely demand dark mode (despite the absence of the dark hub). It seems to be a BB culture to expect and desire it where android/ios users seem to not care.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 02-15-16 at 06:25 AM.
    02-14-16 11:01 AM