Don't know if this is an option with the upgrade. Can you make the hub dark yet?
    03-07-15 06:39 PM
    03-07-15 06:42 PM
    BlackBerry is waiting on the ad deal with Disney for the Darth Vaderberry Hub.

Posted via CB10
    tryfe likes this.
    03-07-15 06:56 PM
    BlackBerry is waiting on the ad deal with Disney for the Darth Vaderberry Hub.

Posted via CB10
    No they are not
    03-07-15 07:03 PM
    No they are not
    Yes yes

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:09 PM
    Throw the tables in an octagon we got ourselves a rumble happening!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:28 PM
    They're just being mean by not giving it to us. It would be such an easy feature to include but it would be a big deal and mean a lot to us.

To make 10.4 a really big deal, they've gotta be saving it.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:42 PM
    They're just being mean by not giving it to us. It would be such an easy feature to include but it would be a big deal and mean a lot to us.

To make 10.4 a really big deal, they've gotta be saving it.

Posted via CB10
    You would be surprised how much of a pain in the rear a dark theme can be to make. Even Microsoft in their current Windows 10 desktop preview messed up the "high contrast" theme, in black, by making the start menu search box background white and the text yellow. No contrast, can't read it! So many little things like that can happen just by reversing the theme from light to dark. Trust me, I have spent many an hour dicking around with dark themes in various Linux desktop environments...

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 11:11 PM
    Dark themes are outdated by today's standard.

BlackBerry needs to move forward, not backward with a UI that looks like Android version 2.2.

I have no idea why (seemingly) everyone one on CB is so *crazy* for dark themes. It seems very very disproportionate to the general population. The rest of the world is liking lighter themes right now. Everywhere except Crackberry...

I don't get it. So many CB'ers are *crazy* for their "dark theme". I just can't understand. It should be more evenly split and should not cause people to get crazy.

Note : I'm not making any comment on what looks better, because that is totally subjective. But if Bb10 has the same look as what Android and iOS had 5 years ago (and left behind), then people are going to look at BB10 and just see an ancient, out of date, out of touch user interface.

Android 2.2 (released May 2010)

Attachment 339955

Attachment 339957
    Last edited by mnc76; 03-09-15 at 08:03 AM.
    03-09-15 07:46 AM
    Different strokes for different folks.

What I don't "get" is why so many people seem to think that what is en vogue is actually desirable. Some guy at some company decides icons should look like they were made in MSPaint back in 1992, the world swoons... makes no sense to me.

I like what I like and I don't give a crap what you and the rest of the world like. Go ahead and like what you like, doesn't bother me. I'm not sure why you're so riled up about what I like lol...

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    03-09-15 08:40 AM
    Dark themes are outdated by today's standard. BlackBerry needs to move forward, not backward
    Your words into the ears of the designers of the countless settings screens and many apps like Assisstent and Calendar: gray text in dark grey input lines on black background, and this under direct sunlight. I already claimed black on black, just one for all.
    03-09-15 08:59 AM
    I have no idea why (seemingly) everyone one on CB is so *crazy* for dark themes.[/ATTACH]
    Because staring at a wall of white is not good for your eyes, and a dark theme is easier to read. I use dark theme everywhere I can.

From a Classic
    BerryRipe and lactose like this.
    03-09-15 09:10 AM

What I don't "get" is why so many people seem to think that what is en vogue is actually desirable. Some guy at some company decides icons should look like they were made in MSPaint back in 1992, the world swoons... makes no sense to me.

I like what I like and I don't give a crap what you and the rest of the world like. Go ahead and like what you like, doesn't bother me. I'm not sure why you're so riled up about what I like lol...

Posted via CB10
    This. All the focus on trends and what's in/out or what's edgy vs dated is making my head explode.

I like dark themes. Easier on the eye. Compare the dark interface on the SMS vs the stark white hub. It's about utility. It's a phone, not a fashion accessory.

Posted via CB10
    Tatwi likes this.
    03-09-15 10:13 AM
    The only reason stopping me from upgrading ( not really an upgrade) to a Z30 is the horrible look of the black settings screen and all the blackness in the other menus

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 10:15 AM
    I like dark themes. It's just elegant. It also makes me fall in love with Metro UI (windows phone). Metro UI is elegant and simple.

I really hope blackberry will have dark themes for all series. Not just reversed contrast option.

Posted from CB10 with BlackBerry Z3
    vanrickman and BerryRipe like this.
    03-09-15 10:24 AM

BlackBerry needs to move forward, not backward with a UI that looks like Android version 2.2.

I have no idea why (seemingly) everyone one on CB is so *crazy* for dark themes. It seems very very disproportionate to the general population. The rest of the world is liking lighter themes right now. Everywhere except Crackberry...

I don't get it. So many CB'ers are *crazy* for their "dark theme". I just can't understand. It should be more evenly split and should not cause people to get crazy.

Note : I'm not making any comment on what looks better, because that is totally subjective. But if Bb10 has the same look as what Android and iOS had 5 years ago (and left behind), then people are going to look at BB10 and just see an ancient, out of date, out of touch user interface.

Attachment 339955

Attachment 339957
    Dude get a grip....who cares what ios or android has or doesn't have. We have BlackBerry phones because we want to be different.

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC and mzbierski like this.
    03-09-15 10:50 AM
    We have BlackBerry phones because we want to be different.
    That's what I say all the time: nobody has black on black!!! Totally different! Think about this ...
    03-09-15 10:55 AM

I think some folks want it because with LED screens it's easier on the eyes (BB's userbase is old), and it also saves battery life because the LEDs are completely off when displaying black, but how much can it really be? 10 minutes tops per charge?
    03-09-15 11:07 AM
    What's the matter with options, do you have difficulty choosing

However much garlic the recipe calls for, triple it
    03-09-15 02:53 PM
    The only reason stopping me from upgrading ( not really an upgrade) to a Z30 is the horrible look of the black settings screen and all the blackness in the other menus

Posted via CB10
    It's not ideal, but the Z30 is still worth it.

However I agree --- Wish I could get rid of every remnant of the dark theme though.

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    03-10-15 06:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    First of all:
    I'm not riled up. However I don't get why the average CB poster seems so crazy about the "dark theme", far beyond what one would expect from a random sample of people.

Yes, I realize we are a niche group for using BlackBerry phones in the first place, but that still doesn't explain why so many are so enthralled with a "white text on black background" user interface. It's a mystery to me.

Second:
    As I said, I'm not making any judgments about whether dark themes are good or bad, or whether liking a dark theme makes you a good or bad person. Don't take it personally.

But the fact is, dark themes are already "been there, done that" for the most popular mobile OS's, and this makes a dark theme BB10 look "been there, done that" to most mobile OS users. Whether you personally care about that is a another issue (and unrelated to anything I've said).

03-10-15 06:55 AM
    First of all:
    I'm not riled up. However I don't get why the average CB poster seems so crazy about the "dark theme", far beyond what one would expect from a random sample of people.

Yes, I realize we are a niche group for using BlackBerry phones in the first place, but that still doesn't explain why so many are so enthralled with a "white text on black background" user interface. It's a mystery to me.

Second:
    As I said, I'm not making any judgments about whether dark themes are good or bad, or whether liking a dark theme makes you a good or bad person. Don't take it personally.

But the fact is, dark themes are already "been there, done that" for the most popular mobile OS's, and this makes a dark theme BB10 look "been there, done that" to most mobile OS users. Whether you personally care about that is a another issue (and unrelated to anything I've said).

To the first part, I wonder if it's just a vocal minority making it seem like everyone at CB wants the dark hub. A thread pops up and the few dozen people who care post in it every time. Just a guess.

Re: "been there, done that", pretty much anyone who'd draw that conclusion when presented with a dark hub/dark theme is very likely going to think that about BlackBerry, period.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:20 AM
    To the first part, I wonder if it's just a vocal minority making it seem like everyone at CB wants the dark hub. A thread pops up and the few dozen people who care post in it every time. Just a guess.
    I don't understand the problem with that dark Hub. If a dark Hub indeed saves energy on AMOLED displays it should be a good and useful feature as long as we still have threads here about battery drain. Who doesn't want a dark Hub should be able to use a white one. Considering the settings pages nobody asked, they just did it. In the Assistent we have now a mix - two idioms in one app, great, and you can't even change this back to sanity. But the Hub seems somehow to be a holy cow or something like that.
    03-10-15 08:43 AM
    Where are all the blackberry developers......we need a dark BlackBerry Hub!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 08:39 AM
    DARK HUB! DARK HUB!! DARK HUB!!! DARK HUB!!!! DARK HUB!!!!!

I just want the option to turn it on that's all

"Triple the garlic in any given recipe"
    03-16-15 12:16 PM
30 12